Chapter Fifty

I am so sorry about not being able to rewrite. It's almost finished however so yay!

Chapter Fifty

Any second now.

Annnnny moment.

Zayn and I stood in the center of none other than Times Square, and it was late evening by now. There were storm clouds overhead and thunder was clapping at least once a minute, but that wasn't going to stop my new friends from doing what they should be doing at any time now.

Now if they'll just hurry up.

I was practically bouncing on the balls of my feet as Zayn stood calmly beside me, not knowing at all what was going on. He figured it was just gonna be standing in the middle of a crowd that's walking all over the place, causing a traffic jam of people, that was what I was talking about.

But I can assure you: this is much more elaborate than that.

I didn't even plan this; they were already going to do it. I just happened to have heard about it during my everyday routine (which isn't a routine at all, now that I think about it) and found a way to contact them.

It was tricky. 'They're' really tight about who they let into their scheme. But when they learned the whole backstory as to what I was doing, and that I didn't necessarily want to, you know, join them and their 'crew', telling me that they already had so many people as it was, they let me in on it all.

So, now I know the song, and I've seen them practice the dance a little so I even know a few of the moves.

"Okay, seriously, what are we even doing here?" Zayn sighed, a slight smile tugging at his lips, like he felt proud that I was being 'stood up' on my plan. "Stopping people traffic?"

"No," I grinned. "Just wait a few more seconds and---"

Suddenly, it began.

The flash mob.

A/N: See video to the side right about... now. Ignore the dialogue though, the dancing's the important part :)

"What is this?" Zayn chuckled, looking at the two starting dancers. But there were more. A lot more.

"They don't have flash mobs in London?" I teased, crossing my arms over my just and looking at him, smirking. He looked up at me and smiled.

He was about to open his mouth to say something when he saw the dancers behind me (and behind him, but he didn't exactly see them yet) joining in at the hip hop part, and his eyes widened.

"Not like this..." he said, clearly amused.

"Wanna join in?" I grinned, and he gave me a look that I'd never seen him do before.

The 'one-step-ahead-of-you' look.

He began waving his hands in the air with the dancers after he watched what they were doing, and I started doing the same. We kept laughing and giving each other funny looks.

The air was cool, but not too chilly. Just the right temperature to be around a large crowd of people, dancing. It was pretty much the perfect time and setting for this flash mob, especially with the dark sky and the colourful city lights shining down on us from all directions.

"Where's the music coming from?" Zayn shouted at me just loud enough for me to hear him. I knew it was him mostly because of his thick British accent, which definitely helps him to be picked out in a crowd. At least when he's in America.

Instead of responding with words, I pointed over to a tall guy several yards away holding up a boom box. He was a ginormous guy, height-wise, but nothing beat the amount of muscle he had packed under the skin of his arms. He was probably a pro wrestler or something. I wouldn't be surprised.

He was smiling, his teeth showing, and he was waving the boom box in the air slightly to the rhythm of the song blaring from the speakers.

"Down!" I called out to Zayn, and he looked confused for a second until he saw that he was the only one standing upright. He swore under his breath and ducked down, just in time for us all to be standing up again.

I couldn't help but laugh at him, and he rolled his eyes, smiling at me, which let me know that he wasn't truly annoyed or angered by my laughing at him.

"Oh, wait, get back down again!" Zayn said to me, pulling me down with him and the dancers of the mob. After a second or two, we stood up straight again, and I could see the amazement in Zayn's eyes, watching the whole atmosphere with pure enjoyment in his eyes.

That, in turn, made my heart warm, and I even got butterflies in my stomach from his true, one hundred percent real smile that he had on his face right now.

We continued on with the dancing, doing the best we could for people who weren't exactly trained for it, and when the last beats of the song played, the rain clouds that had been hovering over us throughout the evening finally broke loose, and we were all getting drenched.

But instead of freaking out like on a normal day, everyone laughed and began hugging each other. I surprised Zayn by wrapping my arms around him, and he took a second, but he then put his arms around me. I could just sense him smiling.

"Alright, we can part ways and go home now, unless you have a better idea?" I grinned as I let go, and he thought for a minute.

"Actually, there is someplace that I wanna go."

"In the rain?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Has something like this ever stopped you before?" He looked at me in mock surprise, smirking.

"Well, no---"

He took my arm and started pulling me through the crowd, determined.

"Then, let's go."