Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Shing. Shing. Shing. Shing.

I smirked at the constant 'shing' of the jingle bells in my hand, but then pressed my lips together in a straight, angry line when I had to pull down the hem of my dress again.

Again.

Why did the costume store have to be sold out of every Santa costume except for the slutty ones? Why? It's criminal. It's absurd.

It's just what that nerdy, over-confident boy wanted me to buy.

Ugh.

I rolled my eyes again at the thought, and then proceeded to knock twice on the hotel room that I learned was the boys' room from a fan site.

Not the most reliable source, but I wanted it to be a surprise, and it couldn't be if I flicked out my cell and hit up one of them. Plus, who care if it's a random stranger? That makes it even more fun.

I quickly knocked on the door twice, and waited for a response. But none came. I sighed, and hit the door again, but still, nothing.

I guess no one's home.

Well, I mean, of course they aren't home home, because this is a hotel... But... you get what I mean.

I turned on my heel and started walking down the hall again, to the elevators, when I heard a thump.

But not just any thump.

The thump came from Room 352, the room that is rumored to be housing Zayn Malik and Liam Payne of One Direction during their stay in New York City.

Which means someone is in there.

Which means that they heard me knock.

Which means they just didn't want to open up.

Bad move.

I smirked, a plan hatching in my mind as I continued down the hall. I hit the highest floor, the tenth floor, and waited for the elevator's doors to open up again.

When they did, I left the elevator, and walked out into a secondary lobby. The lobby on the first floor had a lounge and a front desk. This lobby had a restaurant, a tropical-looking pool, and a gift shop. Plus another lounge.

I swung my Santa bag (what? Every Santa needs one.) over my shoulder. It contained Zayn's elf-costume and random household objects that I picked up because I didn't want the bag to look empty when I gave Zayn his bag.

I spotted a relaxed Louis and Harry laying poolside in their swim suits, topless with sunglasses on, skin still wet. Thankfully, it looked like they were sleeping, or at least trying to, so I didn't have to worry about them spotting me.

Unless someone near them whispers 'Santa', because from what I know about those two, they'd hop up at the chance.

But then I saw Niall sitting at a table at the restaurant.

He was neither sleeping nor trying to relax. He was eating.

I ignored the stares that I was getting and walked as quickly as I could over to the game room off in the corner without attracting the attention of Niall, who was attacking a huge BLT.

There was no one in there, thankfully. Probably because most teenagers that would use it don't have enough money to even stay here at this hotel.

I pulled up a chair below the air vent, and checked behind me to make sure that the door had closed after I walked in. It did.