Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

David and I finally backed away from each other after savoring yet another kiss between us (there have been many).

"Thank you, I had fun tonight," I smiled and hugged the oversized penguin stuffed animal that he'd won me at the jubilee a few blocks down close to me. "I love Popper."

"Popper?" David chuckled.

"Haven't you ever heard of Mr. Popper's Penguins?" I asked, surprised.

"Uhm, no..." he said, confused. "I try not to associate with people who own penguins. Temperamental and such, you know."

"Ah, yes, well..." I bit my lip, refusing to let myself laugh. "Mr. Popper's Penguins is a movie, David."

"It is?" He seemed surprised.

"Yup," I laughed. "But it's okay. I didn't know that Easy A was a movie, either, when Macy said she wanted to watch it. 'I want to see Easy A!' I thought she wanted to get a good grade on something without a lot of work, so I told her that that wasn't happening. But then we finally saw the movie and we both really liked it."

I gave him a cheesy thumbs up and he laughed.

"I have yet to see Easy A, too."

"Oh my God, David!" I gasped sarcastically. "You need to get with it already! Keep up!"

I gently hit the side of his head and he laughed again.

"Well, I wish I could stay and talk to you more, but it's getting late," David sighed, looking at his watch. I nodded understandingly and leaned against the doorway.

"Okay, bye, David," I smiled, and he pecked my lips once more before walking down the hall. I shut my door behind him, and then just melted to the floor. I closed my eyes and brought my fingers to my lips.

"Who is Tommo?"

I jumped at the voice, and opened my eyes quickly to see Macy standing in front of me, holding my phone in front of my face.

Oh, right.

I'd forgotten my phone at home.

"What do you mean?" I played dumb.

"Oh, you know what I mean." I stood up slowly as Macy walked over to me, her eyebrows furrowed, her lips set just so. "Who. Is. Tommo?"

I bit my lip and stared her down. When she didn't budge, I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, just give me my phone."

"Not," she said stiffly, tightened her grip around it. "until you tell me who Tommo is." I stayed silent, keeping my ground. "Tommo... Tomlinson? Louis Tomlinson?"

My heartbeat sped up. "Louis Tomlinson? Why would you think that it's him?"

"That's one of his nicknames."

"Well, it's not him," I said sternly. "He's a celebrity. Why would I have his number?"

"What were you doing during the whole concert then?" she pried further.

"Haven't we already been over this?" I groaned. "I got stuck in a closet. I thought it led to a bathroom, because after I got something to drink, I had to use the bathroom very badly."

"Mhm," she mumbled. "So, who is Tommo?"

"Tommy," I quickly said. "I guess I accidentally put Tommo in instead of Tommy. Tommy... is Addison's cousin."

"I have a cousin who isn't Amish? SWEET."

I smacked my head and turned around to face the door, which Addison had just barged through without so much as a knock.