Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

The first thing I did when I woke up was take a shower.

So, when I stepped out, I wrung out my hair and brushed through it quickly before grabbing a towel, wrapping it around me like a short little strapless makeshift dress.

I made sure that the towel wouldn't fall off if I stopped holding it up, and then left the bathroom, walking down the tiny narrow hall to the closet. Right as I was about to open it though, I heard my name being called.

"TONI!!!!!!!!"

Addison...

I sighed and walked out to the living room.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Can you please open the window?" Right now she was in this very strange yoga position that looked like it could kill a person.

"Uhm, sure..." I walked over to the window, pulled up the blinds, and without thinking too hard about it, opened the window.

But suddenly, I heard shouting coming from down below.

I looked down and saw a crowd of people with cameras and recorders and notepads and pens, all shouting my name and questions.

I screamed, of course.

I jumped back from the window, and within moments, Addison was by my side.

"What's wrong?" she asked, clearly confused.

"Uhm..." I pointed to the window, and just as she was about to look out of it, I pulled her back. "I don't think you want to look out there."

"Why?" She laughed. "What is so bad that--- Oh."

She quickly backed away from the window and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Yeah, that is pretty bad," she nodded. "Uhm, Toni? Why is there a bunch of paparazzi outside, shouting your name?"

"I don't know..." I mumbled.

"Well, maybe there's something on TV," she shrugged. She grabbed my wrist and started pulling me to the door.

"But I don't have any clothes on, Addie!" I tried to pull away, but she just shoved me out the door.

"You can borrow from me!" she said, running up the stairs. Reluctantly, I followed her, praying that we wouldn't run into anybody that we knew, or anyone in general, really.

When we got to her apartment, she flung her door open and dove for the TV remote. I quickly grabbed a random pair of shorts, shoes, a t-shirt, and undergarments, and Addie took off some of the jewelry she had on, throwing them in my direction.

I don't know why I really needed jewelry, but whatever.

Like the beast I am, I caught them.

Then fell over.

I cursed under my breath and I pulled myself behind Addison's couch to change.

"---lcome to the Oprah Winfrey show!"

"Damn reruns," Addison rolled her eyes, switching the channel again until she found the right station.

It didn't seem like anything about me was on for a while, but after a few minutes, something caught both of our attentions.

"Last night, Zayn Malik of One Direction was seen eating at the Gatsby Plaza last night, with a mystery girl," the reporter, a pretty young blonde woman, said with a slick voice. "They seemed to be laughing and having fun, despite the high-society themed restaurant they were in. Insiders say they messily finished the location's special Knock-Out Spaghetti Deal, a 10-pound plate of pasta, joking around the whole time. Outside, he gave her a large ring and the girl playfully started hitting him as he laughed. So cute."