Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

"GLITTER! WE NEED GLITTER!"

I ran through the aisles of the store Zayn and I were in until I got to the section that had all of the crafts in it. Sure, it would've been easier to just go to a craft store, but you know men.

They have quite the appetite.

I picked up some silver glitter glue and turned to Zayn, who had the cart.

"I hope you're going to pay for that," I said, putting my hands on my hips.

"Of course I am!" replied Zayn through a mouth full of Cool Ranch Doritos.

I scrunched my nose up in disgust and set the glitter down in the cart next to the neon pink and green poster boards we'd found so far.

"What's next?" Zayn asked.

"Markers." I turned and started walking down the aisle, a strut to my walk that was put there purposely. "Lots and lots of colourful markers."

I heard Zayn groan behind me and then some munching. I smirked and shook my head. I don't know how he can be eating. He and the rest of the guys had just gotten back from a huge lunch with their manager, talking about their next album.

Now, right in front of me was a rainbow.

Of markers, at least.

I quickly grabbed an armful of the bright-coloured utensils and dumped them into Zayn's cart. He stared at them.

"I'm not made of money, you know," Zayn mumbled.

"Says the guy who owns a multi-million dollar flat in London." I rolled my eyes and gave him a small smile. He sighed and nodded, the corners of his lips turning up slightly.

It's obvious he's proud to be able to own that kind of thing. No one can blame him though, because, honestly? Who wouldn't be proud?

Anyway, we ended up also getting some of those bows that you usually put on presents, and then we checked out. It must've looked really weird for us to have so many bags of markers...

We just ignored the stares.

"So, what are we going to do with all this stuff?" Zayn huffed, since he was carrying most of the bags.

Hehe. That's right. I haven't told him yet. But then again, when do I?

"You'll see." I looked over at him and he caught my eye, one of his eyebrows raised. I winked and looked forward again. "We've gotta go to the airport."

Zayn didn't look at all surprised by this. "Okay, I'll get us a taxi---"

I madly shook my head back and forth. "No. Remember?"

"Right..." Zayn sighed. "Fear of cars. Why do you have that, by the way?"

"It's a long story..." I mumbled.

"We have a long walk to the airport," Zayn pried, gesturing to the stretch of sidewalk before us.

I just looked to the ground and shook my head. "No."

Thankfully, Zayn was sympathetic and didn't dig deeper. He just bit his lip and looked at his feet as he started walking down the sidewalk.

__________________________________________________________________________

I put my hands on my hips as I scanned the lobby of the airport for people holding up signs for their loved ones. I spotted one that said "WELCOME BACK, TRISH!" in bold letters that a teenage girl was holding.