Chapter Forty-Four

Chapter Forty-Four

Zayn Malik of One Direction: Future Father or Prank?

Zayn Malik and 'friend' Toni Shay were spotted by our paps out shopping in sunny L.A. recently. And it looks like it was for dress shopping, ducking in and out of stores such as Banana Republic, Yves Saint Laurent, and... Destination Maternity?

That's right, folks. Toni was snapped in Destination Maternity, her hand in Zayn's, sporting a 'baby bump'. Certainly would explain her disappearance from the limelight these past few months. However, many onlookers are protesting, declaring they saw Zayn give Toni his sweatshirt, who then tucked it under her shirt, creating the bump. And as for the hand-holding, witnesses say they showed no more PDA after the incident at DM. Zayn has been tight-lipped about his and Toni's relationship, and Toni is constantly assuring us that she is in a serious relationship with a skydiving instructor, 'David'. If that glitzy promise ring on her finger is no indication.

We, however, ship Zoni. And it seems that we aren't the only ones. The Directioners are becoming a madhouse over this.

So, it's highly possible this whole thing is a prank. We don't know if Toni is one to do crazy stunts such as this, but we know Zayn took part with band mate Louis Tomlinson to prank other 1D members Harry Styles, Niall Horan, and Liam Payne with an also pregnancy scare. Behind Zayn's quiet dark mysterious demeanor, there is a wild prankster, so chances are, there'll be no baby screams and 'daddy' calling for Zayn Malik in the near future, but only time will tell for sure.

I raised an eyebrow and smirked in amusement at the article. News certainly does travel fast in this industry, especially in Los Angeles. And I thought New York was bad about this.

I put down the magazine just in time for someone to walk into the salon that I was seated in. I looked up to see a young, short, deep-tanned man in a black uniform walking up to me.

"So," he grinned, his Brazilian accent getting thicker the more he spoke, "you're the infamous Toni Shay. I'm Marcos. It's a pleasure to be styling your hair and makeup today."

"Thanks," I giggled, sitting up straighter. "I'm not exactly used to being all done up, though."

He nodded as he began examining some of the hair products and tools on the counter nearby, though I'm pretty sure he already knew every nook, cranny, and fine print of each of them better than he knew the back of his hand.

"Well, that's what I am here for." He turned the sink on behind me. "By the time I'm finished with you, you will be polished like a diamond before sent to Tiffany's. Lean back."

I did as I was told, and he began running his fingers through my hair, getting it soaked. "Tiffany's?"

I heard him chuckle behind me. "You really aren't used to being a socialite, are you?" He squirted some shampoo-conditioner mix into his hands and began lathering it through my hair.

"Not at all," I grinned.

He laughed again, and proceeded to rinse out the suds before turning the running water off and plugging in his hair dryer, and began drying my hair.

"Can you tell me what it is you're wearing?" he asked. "It'll help with the styling."

"Well, it's---" but then I stopped myself, remembering the picture I had in my bag. I reached over and grabbed it, handing it back to Marcos. "It's a David Jones, if that means anything to you."

He nodded his approval. "Australian. Nice." He set the picture down on the counter and turned the hair dryer off. He then began pulling some of my hair back. "Well, I'm going to tell you this, Toni. You are going to be the belle of the ball, or in your case, VMA's. I know that."

"Ha," I scoffed. "There's no way I could ever outshine the likes of Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, or Taylor Swift. Not ever."

He leaned over and grabbed a couple of bobby pins. "Not if I have anything to do about it."

___________________________________________________________

"Sabine was so cool, Toni!" Addison gushed as she stared at herself in the mirror, turning back and forth so she could see herself from all angles, from her thin side to her soft facial beauty. "She let me have my nails painted black, even though my dress is white and everything else is pretty dainty."

I stood back and put my hands on my hips, looking at Addie's whole getup, from her six inch heels to her long silky waves. She looked absolutely beautiful. She also had on a few bracelets and a ring.

All I had on though was my dress, shoes, and my promise ring.

Well, and lingerie, but that's an obvious given.

My hair was in a pretty half-up, half-down style and my nails were painted pink to give a little bit of colour. Then my lips were a soft pink, and my eye makeup was intense.

"Marcos was sure that I'd outshine even the celebrities," I giggled. "I mean, he is a very talented stylist, but I'm nothing special compared to the singers that'll be there."

"I'm just gonna keep my mouth zipped." She made the 'zip-lock' motion across her lips, and I smiled.

"I mean, I know I'm special in my own way, but I'm no celebrity who has a personal stylist who knows the perfect colours for their body and what styles look best on them, in photographs and video especially."

"I guess you're right..." She turned back to her reflection one more time before we heard a knock on the door. "I'll get it."

"I'm right behind you."

I leaned against the door frame of the bathroom, watching as she took the chain lock off of the door and open it up.

"Hey, Paul!" she grinned. "What're you doing here?"

"I'm here to tell you that the car is waiting out back to take you two, along with the guys and the others' dates, to the VMA's," he said.

"'Kay," Addison nodded, hurrying over to turn off the lights in the bathroom. We both checked ourselves in the big mirror one more time before following Paul out of the room. Addie gave Paul our room keys so that we'd be able to get back in after the show.

Paul led us down the elevators, through a few more hallways, and then out a back door to a hidden parking lot, where a limousine was waiting.

I took a few deep breaths, reminding myself that they were very safe vehicles, and Zayn would be in there.

Paul opened the door for us. "Me and some other guards are going to be riding in separate cars ahead and behind you to make sure that you arrive safely. Once there, the security is tight, so we won't have to follow your every move."

"Got it," I said, and slid in to the limo to see all five guys, plus Danielle Peazer and Gemma Styles all dolled up. I was starting to feel bad for Louis, who didn't have a date, but then I saw that he was texting away on his cell. "Lou, who are you texting?"

"El," he said simply, and began tuning everyone else out again.

I smiled, and crawled over to take my seat next to Zayn.

"You look beautiful, babe," Niall said as he pulled Addison down by him, kissing her cheek. She blushed and leaned her head on his shoulder.

I turned to Zayn and looked at him expectantly. "Are you going to call me beautiful, Zayn?"

He laughed and smiled at me. "That is true, though."

"Thanks," I grinned. "You look lovely, as well."

Everybody began making small talk as the car pulled out of the parking lot. I had begun a heated argument with Harry over who was a better stylist, Lou Teasdale or Marcos What's-His-Last-Name, when my cell phone in my clutch vibrated.

I unhitched the clasp and pulled out my cell to see an incoming call. From David.