Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

"A wedding?" Zayn whisper-yelled at me as he pulled me off into a corner. "We're going to crash a wedding?" I grinned and nodded. "No."

"But---"

"Proposing to strangers, I can handle. Chances are, you're never going to see them again. Pulling a random prank on the guys by dressing up as them? I can easily get over that. They've played plenty worse on me. But you're asking me to ruin the day that two people are going to cherish for the rest of their lives. That, I willnot do."

"Zayn," I said in a hushed tone. "We aren't ruining it. We're making it better."

"No."

I gave him a stern look, but he just glared back at me. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him up to the person guarding the door.

"Hi," I smiled politely, keeping an eye on Zayn out of the corner of my eye. It looked like he had anxiety. "Taylor Gallagher and Mason Felipe."

The security guard checked the list in his hand and nodded. I smiled as if this didn't please me, that getting accepted wasn't a huge weight off my chest, but it was. As soon as we made it through the doors, I began squealing.

"How did you get us in using those names?" Zayn asked, surprised.

"Rule number 71 of wedding crashing, Zayn," I smirked. "Research, research, research. And when you're done researching, research some more."

"Really?" he asked, cocking his head to the side and squinting a bit in curiosity.

"Well..." I bit my lip. "According to Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson from the movie Wedding Crashers..."

"Oh, so you're referencing movies now," Zayn said. "That's nice." He looked around the ceremony room for a minute before whipping his head back around to me. "You aren't planning on you and I doing the same things to these guests as what those guys did in Wedding Crashers, were you?"

"Duh, of course not!" I rolled my eyes. "I'm not about to have sex with any of these people here. I don't know any of them, and frankly, you, my friend, are the best looking guy here."

Zayn stared at me for a second, but I refused to look him in the eyes, since I just realized what I said.

"I'm willing to say the same thing to you."

I couldn't believe my ears.

"You think I'm the best looking guy here? How rude." I lightly stomped on his foot and began walking away, but I couldn't help bursting with laughter within the first few steps. "Okay, sorry, I just couldn't resist."

"You tell me that now..."

Okay, so maybe the stomp wasn't so light, after all.

"Uhm, where are we going to sit during the ceremony?" Zayn looked around the room at all of the delicately placed chairs. Not one was out of place.

"Fifth row," I said on cue. "We'll look like we're part of the family."

"Stop quoting Wedding Crashers!" Zayn whispered into my ear as I walked past him. Suddenly, I froze, and Zayn almost ran into my back. "What now?"

"I have to get a drink of water," I said quickly, and walked past him over out of the room, down the hall, and to the drinking fountain.

Don't ask how I found my way. Lucky guess.

After I stopped the formation of cacti on the tip of my tongue, I walked casually back to the ceremony room (or whatever it's called). Zayn was standing over by the alter, trying to make small talk with some of the family. At least he's trying.