Chapter Thirty-Three

'Evacuate the dance floor... I'm infected by the sound... Stop, this beat is killin' me...'

I laughed quietly to myself as I thought about earlier today, at that diner with Zayn. That has got to be one of the most carefree, memorable things I've ever done.

Not the craziest, of course, but the most carefree. At least with that song playing.

Zayn and the rest of the boys left at an earlier flight today because of some press and a show they needed to do tomorrow morning, before they left for Boston the day after. Very buy boys, now, aren't they?

Andy and her fiance, Jake, got to go on a romantic Miamian date before we left, so we didn't leave with the same flight as the boys, who left in the afternoon, leaving us with a late flight.

If you call eleven at night late. Which I, personally, did not. Neither did Andy or Macy or even Mikaela.

Sad to say, though, David thought it was.

"Zzzzzzzz..." David snored next to me, and I rolled my eyes. Snoring has always been a pet peeve of mine. I just can't stand it. It's really annoying.

David's head numbly fell onto my shoulder and I sighed loudly, pulling out my crappy laptop from my carry-on bag, and opened it up on my lap. The extra light coming from the screen must've bothered David, because he sat up straighter and his eyes started to open.

"What're you..." he slurred, and I shifted in my seat.

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty," I smiled slightly. "Did you have a nice sleep?"

"Very," he sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

I leaned over and pecked his cheek with my lips, then turned back to my laptop. I pulled up Google, since I'd already hooked it to the WiFi the plane has earlier, and got my fingers into position on the keyboard.

"Whatcha doin', babe?" David looked at my screen and I smirked a little as I typed into the search engine.

How to sign up for telemarketing calls.

"Why would you want to do that?" David laughed a little and pressed his lips to my neck, kissing up to my jaw, causing me to giggle and pull away.

"Just 'cause," I said, shrugging. I started to type in my cell phone number to one of the links I selected (after a lot of scrolling. Most links said how to stop telemarketing calls. Now, why would ANYONE want to do that? They bring lots of amusement if you're in the mood to mess with the person on the other end.), then pulled my actual cell phone out of my sweatshirt pocket.

Yeah, I'd changed into sweats, sandals, and a beanie for the flight home.

Within minutes, my phone was buzzing with calls. I took the first one and pressed my phone to my ear.

"Yes?"

"Hello, is this Toni Shay?" a younger girl, maybe a bit older than Louis, said in a perky voice.

"Yes."

"My name is Jacki, and I'm calling because you signed up for our telemarketing calls," she continued. "We at Va Room Vacuum are pleased that you would be interested in doing business with us. Is there anything in particular that you were looking for?"

"Yes."

"...Care to elaborate?"

"Yes."

David sighed, rolling his eyes as he noticed what I was doing on the phone. I pressed a finger to my lips to shush him, then turned to the window, curling up into a little ball. David took my laptop from my lap before it fell to the ground.