Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I blinked as my mind took note of the deep British accent, establishing the fact that this person talking to me was 1/5 of One Direction. The 1/5 that didn't like me, at all. into this whole mess."

"Do you know just how much you made us look bad?" He narrowed his eyes at me. "All of the fans came here, expecting a show. A good show. A well thought out, professional show. They don't want some dancer who, actually, isn't even a dancer because she sucks at it, messing up the whole show for them."

"Okay, first of all," I said, "that hurts. I really tried to not suck at dancing out there."

I meant this as a joke, trying to get him to laugh at least a little so that he'd calm down, but it didn't work at all. If anything, he just got more pissed.

"This is NOT the time to be cracking jokes." His fists curled, and I swore he was fighting to not knock me down. Which didn't scare me. It just got me to chuckle a bit. Which is worse. "What are you laughing at? You just ruined our freaking show! And you embarrassed yourself in front of thousands of people. Good job."

"I didn't embarrass myself," I corrected. "To embarrass yourself, you have to feel embarrassed. I'm not embarrassed. What I did out there just might have been the funnest thing I've ever done, which is saying something big."

"Oh, really, then?" he shouted. "If this is the kind of thing that you do on a regular basis, someday you're going to end up in jail, because you can't just go around, messing around like that! It's not human!"

"Well, I'm human, and I do that kind of thing, so, yeah." I nodded to myself. "It's human."

His features tightened up.

I backed up until my back was up against the wall. "Easy, tiger..."

I was hoping that by backing up, he'd just assume that I was forfeiting this whole argument and he'd go back to his fabulous rock star life down the hall, but he didn't.

"Don't tell me to calm down," he growled. "You ruined the whole show. For everyone. You really did. Nobody wants to see some fan be stupid like that."

"Correction, I'm not a fan. I barely know who you guys are. My sister and her friend just roped me into taking them because they won tickets to this."

He laughed sarcastically, and I bit my lip. "That just makes this whole thing worse, now, doesn't it?"

I sighed. "Okay, before we continue on this whole argument thing, can I please at least learn your name? It's awkward arguing with someone that you don't even know."

"If you don't know my name, I'm not going to tell you it. You don't deserve to know." When he said this, he was up in my face quite a bit.

"Hey, Zayn! Where'd you go?" We both turned to see the four other members of One Direction, including Harry, walking up to us.

"Oh, sorry," Harry said, putting his hands up. "We can leave if you want. I, uh, we didn't know that you were in the middle of something."

He winked at us, and then both me and, well, I guess his name is Zayn, moved away from each other and looked in opposite directions.

"That was not what was happening," Zayn said. "At all."

"Well, if we didn't come here interrupting it, you never know what would've ended up happening," said another. The blonde one, with the Irish accent.

Harry shrugged. "Hot hate sex with random strangers."

"Ew, oh my God, no!" I covered my eyes and banged my head against the wall. "I would never do anything like that with... that."