Chapter 47

Oh no. I am most definitely not ready for that. Especially not if I'm about to be killed by not only the man I hate or despise (no, those words are too strong. How about... Dislike...), what less to say by my ex who I had given my all to.

I took a step back. And another. And another. But he kept on approaching me with his right arm raised. He slapped me once more. I staggered backwards as the same sharp stinging pain returned to my cheek.

But that wasn't the end of it.

Desmond pulled out a Swiss army knife and flicked it open. A sharp stainless steel blade was revealed and he approached me swiftly. I gulped. Oh no, oh no, oh no. This isn't happening, not to me anyway.

I let a tiny whimper escape my throat. I felt a pain shooting from all over as the shiny blade dug into my arm. I gasped in pain and clutched the wound on my arm that was currently caked with fresh crimson blood.

He then punched me in the stomach. I bent over, clutching my stomach this time around, and gasped in pain once more. Let me tell you something, the pain was very unbearable. He whacked me on the head with something hard. Some warm liquid started to make its way towards my face. I gritted my teeth to try in vain to contain the pain.

He punched me in the stomach once more, which almost immediately brought me down to my knees. A small groan escaped the back of my throat, not wanting to scream in agony as Desmond would have probably wanted me to.

I told myself not to scream, no matter what. No, telling myself would be a huge understatement. I willed myself not to scream. Don't scream. Don't scream. Don't scream. Or I'll die, a small voice in my head threatened me.

I closed my eyes shut and said a short and silent prayer to God to help me through all this pain and suffering. Most people may think that God is not real. But boy are they mistaken. He is real. I mean, if He wasn't, I wouldn't have made it all the way to where I am now.

Another sharp pain came back to my head. I was beginning to pant from the excessive pain throughout my whole body.

"No, no, please stop," I gasped.

He just laughed sinisterly in response, and resumed his spree of inflicting pain on me. Black spots dotted my vision. Then suddenly, a small voice in my head said something I didn't dare to admit previously. I'm going to die. I don't want to die.

 Hey guys! Sorry for posting part 2 late but.. Here it is! :) 

He just laughed at me, as if my pain is nothing to him. If anything, it's making him insane. Mad. Crazy. He feels like he is in power. But I've got to admit... He is. He continued inflicting pain on me. It is almost unbearable already. I'm having difficulties breathing.

"Desmond," I heard Gray say in a low and soft voice, as if he is trying to hide the fear in his voice.

"Stay out of this!" Desmond commanded.

And from what I could barely see – thanks to both my eyes being remarkably swollen – they got into a fist fight. I could hear the sound of fist to flesh. I flinched as I heard the two made contact. The sound of something cracking soon reached my ears as well.

Obviously, someone broke something.

"I told you to stay out of this," Desmond's 'sweet' – more like menacing – voice floated to my ears.

Gray groaned in response.

"Now, back to you my darling."

I could hear the smirk in his voice. And I do not like it at all. I heard his footsteps approaching me. I tried to move out of the way by crawling – or rather, dragging myself – towards the exit. But that was an utter failure.

I didn't have enough strength left inside of me to do just that.

Desmond stepped backwards, and launched a full out kick on me, kicking me all the way to the edge of the roof at the same time. But I couldn't do anything about it, sadly. I simply didn't have the energy to do so.

I suddenly felt myself falling. I let out a shrill scream and grabbed the edge of the roof. I heard Desmond chuckle at me.

"Finally."

He immediately stepped on my fingers, crushing it under his weight. I couldn't bear it, so I let go of my grip.

But I somehow managed to grab the thin strip of metal below it. What it was for? I have no clue. My hand felt numb. I don't think I can make it to hold onto this for much longer. But I have got to try. Better than dying right?

A burst of adrenaline started pumping through my body, which gave me the strength that I needed to hold onto the metal without letting go. I hung there for a while before Gray came into view.

"Finish off what you came here for," I told him coldly.

But he merely shook his head. "I won't do that. I won't do what Desmond wants to do. I won't do what Desmond wants me to do to you." He paused. "I just can't bring myself to do it."

"Oh yeah sure," I said sarcastically. "I'm a goner anyway. So do it and don't try to lie."

Instead, he held his hand out, perfectly in grabbing distance for me. "Grab it."

"No," I hiss back at him.

"Why not?"

"Hmm..." I pretended to think for a while. "How about the fact that I would rather be betrayed by a thin strip of metal rather than let my ex trick me into thinking that he'll help me and then lets go of my hand and watch me fall and die."

"Please Willow," he begged. "Just grab it. I won't kill you."

"Oh yeah? Sure you won't."

There was an awkward silence for a while after I made that statement.

"I'm serious Willow. I won't kill you."

I didn't bother to reply that.

"Come on."

"No."

"Fine. Then let me ask you this question. Let's see if you're telling the truth this time because I know what your answer will be to this question. I can see it in your eyes."

"Oh yeah? We'll see about that. What's your question?"

I heard him suck a quick breath of air. "Do you trust me?"