chapter 24

edited

heyyy :)

•••••••••••••••••••••••

•Bailee's POV•

Moving day.

I never wanted this day to come. I don't even know if Cam and I are even gonna be together. Cam and I have been together all day packing the rest of my stuff away.

"Do you want this here or with you?" Cam said holding one of my bags.

"Um with me, I'll need that to put my phone and that stuff." I responded. He nodded and threw it back on my bed.

"Cameron?" I said looking back at him.

"Yeah?" He said coming to me and grabbing my hands in his.

"Do you think we'll last?" I said with doubt in my eyes.

"Bailee...." He said.

"No seriously. Do you?" I ask.

"I hope we do." He said leaning in. Our lips brushed against each other.

"Bailee time to go!" My dad yelled from downstairs.

I pulled away and started to tear.

"Heyy, shhh it's gonna be okay." He said hugging me tightly.

"I know.....Come on let's go." I said grabbing his hand and my purse full of things I'll need for the drive.

We walked downstairs to an empty family room. It was so empty. I'm gonna miss this house. Moving from California to Michigan is kind of a big move for me. Especially since I've lived here all of my life.

Cam had his arm around my waist and I had my head on his should as we walked outside. We walked to my Dad's truck (my car was actually being shipped there). My mom and dad said goodbye to Cam and got in the car.

I turned to Cam and engulfed him in a hug. I started to cry. This was so not easy. I finally had everything in one piece and now half of me is going to be missing.

"Hey don't cry. We can text, facetime, and call baby. Please don't cry. I'll always be here for you. I'm a call away. I will fly out there if I have to. I love you Bailee. Don't forget that." He said in my hair.

"Cameron, I'm gonna miss you so much. I don't know how I'm gonna be able to stay away from you. Just promise me one thing?" I ask.

"Yes?" He said.

"Don't wait for me. You can date anyone you like. Just don't forget about me?" I say.

"Bailee I'll wait forever if I have to-" He began to say.

"You don't have to. Please don't wait for me." I said cutting him off.

He just nodded and leaned down to me. Our lips connected and I never wanted them to leave. If I could stay this way forever I would. We pulled away and he wiped my tears away.

"Goodbye Cam." I said.

"Don't say goodbye. That's like forever." He said.

"I'll see you soon." I said weakly smiling and tippy toed to kiss his lips one more time.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too."

•••••••••••••••••••••

😭😭😭