chapter 22

•edited•

•Bailee's POV•

We were driving for about 20 minutes singing horribly and laughing together. I don't know how I'm gonna live without him. This will be harder than I thought.

"Almost there." He said exiting the 25 freeway. (idk if that's a real freeway or not)

"Okay now put this on." He said handing me a bandana.

"Why?" I said pouting.

"Because it's a surprise baby." He said mocking me. I put it on and waited.

"Okay we're here. Stay put." He said getting out.

I waited and he opened the door for me. I reached to get his hand and he connected them. It felt like I was walking on dirt.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Almost there. Now get on my back." He said.

"Okay." I said as I reached to feel his back/shoulders to get myself on him. He grabbed my thighs to hold me up while I wrapped my hands on his neck.

"Okay you can get down now." He said.

I hopped off and stood there. I felt a slight breeze and it felt good. He untied the bandana and I looked out.

"This.... is beautiful." I said looking at the hill we were on.

We were on the hill looking over the city. (btw they live in LA sorry if it got confusing) The lights were amazing. It was beautiful.

"Bailee?" Cam said.

"Hm?" I said turning back to him. He was on a knee. What?!

"Bailee Rae. Where do I start? Ever since I left you I thought I was okay. But no, I missed you like hell. I never should've left you. Look at us now. We're together and amazingly perfect. I love you so much and I'm gonna miss you like crazy. But, I promise to never ever leave you again. You're my princess and I can't imagine not having you in my life. I love you." He said as he put the promise ring on my finger.

At this point I was crying. He makes me so happy. The ring was especially beautiful. It was cute; it was like any other ring but it had a crown shape on it. It was silver and fit just right.

"Cameron. This is too much. I love you." I said pulling him into a hug.

We parted and he attached his lips to mine. It was the perfect moment. We parted and rested our foreheads together. I closed my eyes and just took in this moment.

"I love you so much." I said smiling.

"I love you too Bailee." He said.

He let go and grabbed my hand. We started walking down the hill again and got in his car.

*skip car ride*

We got out and he walked me to the door.

"So when are you leaving?" He asked wrapping his arms around my waist pulling me close.

"Two days." I said sighing.

"Oh." Was all he said.

"Want to ditch school tomorrow and have some fun before you leave?" He asked.

"Cam I dont want you to miss school." I said.

"Come on please? I want to spend as much time together as possible before you go." He said.

I thought about it. I want to spend time with him too.

"Okay fine." I said smiling. He smiled and pecked my lips.

"I'll text you tomorrow. You can help me by packing." I said.

"Alright. Sweet dreams baby." He said pecking my lips again.

"Bye Cam." I said as I went inside my house to my room.

"Hey hun where'd you go?" My mom asked leaning against my door frame.

"Oh, Cam took me to look at the city and gave me this." I said excitedly showing her my ring.

"Oh honey it's beautiful! Promise ring right?" She said a little more serious.

"Yes mom," I laughed. "We're only 18/19."

"Okay good. And I know. You just never know with some teens these days. But I do hope the next ring is a proposal ring." She said smirking.

Marrying Cam? Would we last? I hope so.

"I wish." I said smiling and blushing.

"Well get some rest hun. We're packing tomorrow (Thursday) and we leave Friday." She said leaving my room.

I laid on my bed and let sleep take over me.