chapter 18

•edited•

•Bailee's POV•

I opened the door to a nicely dressed Cam. He was wearing a plaid red button up shirt with a brown leather jacket, jeans, red vans and a brown hat.

Once I opened the door I looked at him with a smile and his eyes widened. I looked at him and I frowned.

"Is something wrong?" I ask looking down at my dress worriedly.

"No. No definitely not. You look stunning." He said wrapping his arms around my waist, bringing me closer. I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Let's go?" I asked and he nodded taking me towards his car.

"Where's your parents and family members?" I ask looking at his empty car.

"Oh they're on their way to the restaurant. We're meeting them there." He responded as we both got in his car.

It took about 20 minutes to get to this fancy place called "Le Rêve" it apparently means "The Dream". (idk if that's a real restaurant sooo😂)

We got in and it was open and elegant inside. Then we walked up to the front desk lady.

"Hello. Welcome to Le Reve. Do you have reservations?" She asked.

"Yes. For Dallas. My family should already be here?" He said.

"Oh yes right this way." She smiled warmly at us leading us towards the back into another room.

"Right through here." She said opening the door.

"Thank you." Cam said.

We got inside and I saw his mom, I'm thinking his sister, aunt and uncle, and grandparents maybe. (idk what his real aunt, uncle, and grandparents names are so just go with it please XD )

"Hey guys." Cam said leading me towards the table. We walked around the table as he introduced his family members.

"Aunt Becky and Uncle Rob, I would like you to meet my girlfriend Bailee." He said.

"Why hello there Bailee it's lovely to finally meet you!" She said getting up and hugging me. I gladly hugged back. Her husband just nicely shook my hand and said a simple hi.

"Cameron has told us all about you!" She said.

"Awh I hope good things!" I said laughing a bit. She laughed along too.

"Grandma and Papa this is Bailee." Cam said moving on.

"Hello dear." and a "Hello sweetie." were said.

Now for his sister.

"Sierra, this is Bailee. Bailee this is my sister Sierra." He said.

"Hi it's so great to finally meet you!" I said. He giggled a bit and got up to hug me. I hugged back of course.

"Awh Cam has told me all about you! He won't stop!" She said sitting back down as Cam and I both sat down too.

"Awhh." I said grabbing his hand under the table. He let go and wrapped his hand around my waist.

"So shall we look at this menu?" Gina said smiling. We all nodded and searched the menu.

"What looks good?" I ask Cam looking at him.

"You." He said. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Thanks, but seriously?" I said laughing a bit. He laughed along and looked at his menu again.

"Um, the steak maybe? Or pasta? I don't know." He said.

"I think I'll get pasta. You should try the steak." I said.

"Okay." He said smiling and kissing my forehead.

The waiter came in and started to get our order.

"That was amazing!" I said patting my belly as I sat in Cam's car on our way back to my house.

It was now about 9:10. Not too late, but we do have school tomorrow. The dinner was absolutely amazing. His family was fun to be around.

"It was! My family really liked you." He said glancing at me smiling before looking back at the road.

"That's awesome. I'm glad. I tried to really impress them and not seem like a slob." I said.

"You're never a slob." He said putting his hand on my thigh. I smiled and grabbed his hand intertwining our fingers.

We arrived at my house and I got out heading to my door. Cam following behind me, still holding hands.

"So I'll see you at school tomorrow?" I said unlocking my door and turning towards Cam who nodded.

He wrapped his arms around my waist again pulling us close. I then wrapped my arms around his neck smiling at him.

"It's really hard to not kiss you right now." He said looking into my eyes.

"Then kiss me." I said leaning in a bit. (lmao typical)

He leaned in and our lips connected. It was just so amazing to feel his lips on mine again. It was passionate; like everything just stopped around us. Like we were the only people on earth. It was a great way to end the night.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

awhhhhh