Chapter 21

"You gonna be okay," Emma whispered a while later as they were both awake.

Killian squeezed her hand, "You fixed one part of me, love, I'm broken all over."

"I wish I could do more."

He kissed her forehead, "You did everything and then more. I would not be alive if it wasn't for you."

She shrugged, "Miracles happen."

"Mmm, yes, but you saved me from myself. I was content dying in this bed if it meant I didn't have to hurt anymore. Somehow you always know what to say."

Emma smiled a bit, "You wanna know what I say now?"

"Hmm?"

"Sleep is a very good thing."

Killian smiled too, "I agree." Their fingers intertwined and their eyes closed.

-)(-

Henry came with Emma's mother and father later in the day.

"Mom, I can't believe you didn't tell me," Was the first thing her son said.

Emma nodded, "I know, I'm sorry, kid."

He nodded and hugged her carefully, and them her parents did the same.

"How are you doing?" Her mother asked.

Emma smiled, "I'm good. I should be out of here soon."

"And Hook?" David questioned.

"He's doing better."

They stayed for a while longer before leaving to let her sleep.

-)(-

They released her two days later and, after she had her normal clothes on, she made her way to Killian's room considering she hadn't seen him since the 'I love you' night.

Emma smiled upon walking in to see him awake in bed, she missed him.

"Hello, beautiful," he smiled.

"Hey," she leaned down and kissed him, "how're you doing?"

"I'm alright, Swan, still riddled with cancer, but I'm alright. And you?"

"Feeling much better and not riddled with cancer," she tried to make light of the situation. Truth was, as told to her by Whale a day earlier, the treatment plan was going well, especially now that Killian was stronger.

They talked for a while longer about nonsense, learning each other, until Emma decided she was going to go home to let him rest.

-)(-

Emma slept until the next morning when she went to visit Killian again for a while.

Things went on like this for a while until Killian was released a week later and Emma brought him home.

He was able to stand and walk a bit with help, but the hospital still insisted they bring a wheelchair home and that he use it, so that's what happened much to Killian's dismay. He hated it so much that after a week, they began to get in fights about it.

"I don't get why I have to use that blasted thing!" He would shout from either the bed or couch, where ever they were at the time. The chair was a symbol of his weakness and he hated it, but there were some things Emma couldn't do.

"I'm not always home, Killian! And I can't leave what ever I'm doing every time you need to use the bathroom!" This had happened a few times.

His face grew red, and he turned away from her.

Over the next week they spoke little and most contact involves driving him to and from chemo sessions. When he returned, he was usually too tired to do anything and just slept or pretended he was so they wouldn't have to talk.

-)(-

Emma's stitches finally came out and so did Killian's, neither of them spoke a word as it happened.

-)(-

About a week and a half of not speaking later, Emma sat down on the side on the bed where he was laying. Sure he wasn't asleep, even though his eyes were closed, she put a hand on his shoulder. Guarded eyes looked up at her and he tensed. Emma half smiled, "I made breakfast, are you hungry?" Henry was already downstairs eating eggs.

"Sure it's not too much of an inconvenience?" He threw words at her.

Emma's smile fell, "Look, I was just trying to get you to use it. I can't always be here. You're not an inconvenience, Killian Jones."

His guard fell and he sighed, "I'm sorry, Swan, I've made an ass out of myself, haven't I?"

She really could never stay mad at him when his walls came down, so instead of replying, she kissed him softly and then pressed her forehead to his. "Yes," she giggled, "but I forgive you."

She sat up as a wave of nausea overcame her, but a moment later it passed just as soon as it had come. Killian eyes her, but she shrugged and helped him downstairs where they ate together.

-)(-

Emma, after taking care of dishes with Henry, sat down on the couch and all three of them watched the news.

At noon, like usual, she took Killian to the hospital where he got tests done and a round of chemo. The test result would be in a few days later.

-)(-

The day he was able to walk to the living room by himself Emma beamed and kissed him hard, only to be interrupted by a queasy feeling in her stomach. Eyes wide, she raced to the bathroom, Killian making an effort to follow, and threw up in the toilet. Grimacing, she flushed just as he made it to the bathroom.

"Am I really that awful, love?" He tried to joke as Emma brushed her teeth.

She shook her head, "Nonsense, and anyways I feel fine now. Maybe it was just something I ate."

Later the day she took off to the drugstore and then used her brought products in the bathroom. Emma heard the phone ring as she was in there, but Killian picked it up.

Looking at the little while piece of plastic brought tears to her eyes.

Leaving the bathroom, plastic in hand, she found Killian beaming in the kitchen.

"I'm in remission."

"I'm pregnant."

The sentences were said at exactly the same time and both stared at each other with wide eyes.