Chapter 18

Their blissfulness was short lived as Killian bolted up and turned to Emma was a panicked look in his eyes. She quickly understood and found a grey bin to hold under his mouth. He retched and she put a hand on his back. It happened once more and then she threw the cardboard grey bin away. Handing him a tissues, he wiped his mouth and then took a drink of the cup of water Emma handed to him.

"Feel better?" She asked softly. He shook his head and she nodded. "A nurse should be back soon to take it out and then you can go home."

He looked at her with unfocused eyes, "Come with me?" His voice was thin.

She kissed his forehead and lingered just a bit longer than usual. "Of course."

"Em.."

"Hm?" She laid back down on the bed with him.

"That kiss..are you sure..I know I'm..?" He blushed a bit and didn't look at her.

Emma sighed, she figured they would have to have this conversation. "You're not your cancer. That has nothing to do with what I feel."

"I just don't want to hold you back," Killian whispered.

She sat up and looked into his eyes, "I don't know where this is going to go, but I think I want to find out. I'm with you all the time, I know what I'm getting myself into." Leaning down, she brushed her lips with his and then laid down next to him and threw and arm around his waist.

-)(-

Ana came back a little while later and removed the chemo and IV. "Alright, how about you finally go home. Sound good?" Killian half smiled. "Take it easy," she instructed and then left.

"Put these on," Emma handed him sweats and a black tee shirt and Killian took them to the bathroom.

He held the wall on the way there and while coming out, so Emma went over and wrapped an arm around his waist. "Granny's or my place?" She asked as they walked from the hospital.

"Lady's choice," he gave her his signature smirk.

"Glad to know your..special humor..is still intact."

"That's not the only thing intact, love," he said, and then laughed.

Emma smiled and squeezed his waist, "I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that only because I'm glad to hear you laugh again."

They got to her yellow beetle and Hook sat in the passenger seat while Emma sat in the other and began driving.

"Well, let's just go to my place for now. I feel like I'm never home and I can't leave Henry alone again anyways." Out of the corner of her eye she saw him grip his stomach and cringe a bit. "Everything alright?"

He nodded, "Yeah, just a stomach ache."

-)(-

They both settled in on the couch after Emma had made them hot chocolate with cinnamon and waited for Regina to bring Henry home.

"You want to go down to the docks tomorrow?" She asked after taking a sip.

"What for?"

She shrugged, "It's been a while, I figured you'd want to be on the water for a little while."

"Okay."

They were in the couch with only a few inches of space between them. Killian rested his hand in the space between. Emma set her's next to his, their pinkies were touching.

Henry came home around nine and took a shower before heading to bed.

-)(-

He slept on the couch, refusing to take bed, until around three a.m. when he woke up in immense pain. Emma heard him cry out and hurried down the stairs, Henry on her heels.