Chapter 22

They stared at each other in silencing for a while until Emma nervously spoke. "I know this wasn't what you signed up for, so-" she gasped as his lips crashed against her's. His hand good hand cupped the back of her head and his hook rested in the small of her back as her fingers twined in his hair. Emma had wanted to finish her sentence, but there was no way she would be able to break away from his touch, her body called for him like he was a missing piece. Killian slanted his mouth over her's and kissed her softly, he was still weak, but gaining strength.

Eventually he reluctantly pulled away from her, only to look down at her hand that held the pregnancy test. "What is that device?"

Emma giggled and held it up for him to see, "Its a pregnancy test. You pee on it and it tells you if you're pregnant."

His face scrunched up in disgust, "Bloody hell." Emma smiled again and then threw away the plastic test.

"So, you're in remission?" She couldn't keep from smiling.

He nodded, "I'm okay, love. Just a few more treatments."

"Thank goodness, I love you," she murmured and then wrapped her arms around him.

"And I you, lass. Thank you for everything. You saved me." Emma got on her tip toes and pressed a kiss to his lips.

"Mmm, let's go back to bed."

-)(-

They told Mary Margaret and David the next day and it didn't go well.

"Mom, Dad, I'm pregnant." They were all at Granny's Diner. Her mother and father sat on one side of the booth and her and Killian day on the other. David and Killian were directly across from each other.

"You're what?" David asked and Emma could see his face beginning to turn red. Killian tried to smile at him, but it only serves to anger her father. "Outside. Now." He jerked Hook up by his collar and pulled him outside, Mary Margaret tried to catch her husband's arm to no avail.

"What's going on?" Emma looked to her mother.

She shook her head, "This isn't good, I don't know what's gotten into him." They quickly followed them outside and found them in a parking lot.

"Killian's only just in remission, he's going to hurt him," Emma cried to her mother.

David took hold of each side of Killian's jacket and pressed him up against the cool, red brick wall. "You are not worthy of my daughter, you have put her though so much, pirate, only to impregnate her before marriage."

Killian held up his hands in a gesture of peace, "Look, I'm sorry, I didn't intend for this, but it happened and I love Emma"

Mary Margaret held Emma back from running to her pirate's aid. "He's just threatening him, let him go. We come from a different time." She watched helplessly as Killian's knees buckled, but her father pushed him harder against the wall. He winced, but tried to cover up any signs of pain upon seeing Emma on the sidewalk. Killian looked to her and gave her a small nod to say that it was okay.

Emma obeyed her mother's wishes only until her father's fist came back and knocked the pirate unconscious. Magic flashed and David was flung backwards and upon seeing it, Mary Margaret, completely appalled at her true love's conduct, went to him.

Emma raced to the wall where Hook was trying, and failing, to sit up on his own. The small crowd the incident had attracted was finally dispersing. She helped him up to lean against the wall before inspecting his face for damage. "I'm so sorry, I don't know what got into him," she apologized.

"It's quite alright, lass, he had reason enough. We come from a different time." His words said he was fine, but his pale face and shaky hand told a different story.

"Funny, that's exactly what my mother said."

"Wise woman."

"Alright, you're going to have some bruising, but nothing bad. Let's go back to my place."

-)(-

Killian and Emma spent the remainder of the day in front of the television curled up under a blanket on the couch. David called a while later and apologized profusely to be slightly I'll received by his daughter.

"I love him, but I love you too and he needs to understand that things happen," she told her pirate later that night.

I AM SO SORRY FOR HOW LONG THIS TOOK. I DONT KNOW WHERE IM GOING WITH THIS RIGHT NOW AND I WENT THROUGH A HARD BREAKUP AND THIS STOry was just really painful to write, but it'll be okay. I love you all!!!