Chapter 31

Killian groaned and his eyes opened slowly as Emma held herself up by the edges of the casket. Regina cleared her throat, "He'll be weak, so just use your powers to get home. I'm going to go check on some things."

"Thank you. For everything," Emma smiled. Regina left in a puff of purple smoke just as Killian's eyes were open halfway.

"Em..?" His voice was hoarse and everything about it was unbelievable. Emma could no longer hold back her tears and collapsed on to his chest. He was still in the coffin, but she it didn't phase her now that he was alive. A shaky hand came around her midsection and pulled her close. "Em, what's..what's going on?"

A sob racked her body. "It's been six years, but we finally found a way that wasn't terrible. We brought you back." Her legs shook from the loss of power, and she wasn't sure how much longer they would hold. With the last bit of energy, she covered them in her white and blue smoke that left the in her room on the bed. Killian fell back with an oomph.

"Sorry," she murmured, her eyes closed in exhaustion.

His breathing was unsteady and she felt his shaky fingers trace her cheek. "Open your eyes, I need to see you," he whispered desperately. Emma did and his lips met hers briefly. "I don't know what you did, but there are no words to convey how much I love you, especially right now."

"I couldn't live without you much longer; it wasn't worth it. A part of me was never whole after you left," she admitted.

His strength was slowly returning and he pulled her closer. "I don't know where I was, or even where you saw my soul at, but there was something missing even then. My soul felt yours and I knew that's what it was."

She wanted him all to herself, but that wasn't the option right now. Allowing herself one last, unfair moment, she pushed herself up and he did the same but more slowly. "Rae's at my mother's, do you want to take a trip?" She smiled, it was just so surreal having him with her after all this time.

His smile was dazzling, "Just one minute though." His expression changed to almost embarrassment. "I know I'm supposed to run out that door right now towards that beautiful girl, but can we lay for just a minute? I'm so tired and I just really need you."

Without another word, Emma pulled back the covers and they both slid under. His arm slipped around her waist and pulled her to him, but she suddenly felt uncomfortable. Pulling back, he gave her a questioning look. She pointed down, "We buried you in those clothes." Jumping out of bed, she headed into the back of her closet. "I think I kept something," she announced, "aha!" Triumphant, she came out with a pair of dark jeans and a tee shirt of his that she slept with when she was feeling particularly lonely.

Killian was already sitting on the edge of the bed trying to undo the buttons of the leather vest, but his fingers were having trouble with the small parts still. She knelt down in front to undo them herself and pushed it off his shoulders. The shirt came next and it had the same buttons, so she helped with that too. His bare chest awakened a previously dormant hunger inside of her, and she could see it in his eyes as well.

She tossed the clothes at him, "Put these on before I'm tempted to do away with you for the whole day."

He rolled his eyes and pouted, "I'm not sure I can undo the buttons on these pants, love. Care to assist me?" His eyebrow raised suggestively.

"Dead six years and.." She shook her head and turned to face the wall, willing her tears to disappear.

KILLIAN

She turned away and he could tell she was about to lose it. Standing up slowly, he put a hand on her arm. It all felt so strange, so new. "Look at me," he pleaded. That's all he wanted, to look at her. His eyes drank her in and he just wanted to be with her and hold her.

Emma shook her head and tried to wipe her eyes, but he turned her around.

"I can't even imagine how hard these last few years have been on you, and I promise to be here while we figure this out. I want to hear everything so I can help you forget it, but right now, I just want to look at you. All this time that has passed, I can feel it somewhere inside of me, and I just want to be with you." Emma turned to look at him and he pulled her to his bare chest. Kissing her forehead, he brought them both to the bed.

It was surreal. He could scarcely believe he was holding the love of his life after so much time and so much pain. Everything they had gone through together..his end just left it so unfinished. When he was blind, he'd been so helpless. Everything he had wanted to say seemed lost in translation and his end was heartbreaking. Killian couldn't even imagine what Emma had gone through after singing him to his death, their wedding song even. Up in the Realm of Souls, which was what he had taken to calling it, he could feel her pain over the years, like they were connected. Everything was viewed, not in solid objects, but in life-forces you were connected to. Emma's was the strongest; whenever she was in pain, hurt, or sad, he could feel it. Most other people were just acknowledgements of the emotions.

"What're you thinking about?" Emma kissed his chest and broke him from his thoughts.

He shrugged. "Nothing important, love."

EMMA

They stayed in bed for most of the night. Emma was dreading having to explain this to everyone, especially her daughter.

When the first rays of daylight came streaming through the curtains, they both knew it was time to face the masses.

Killian dressed in the old clothes while Emma showered. A knock on the door startled her and almost caused her to slip as the water poured down. "Yeah!" She hollered through the noise of the water.

The door opened and Killian smirked. "Care for some company, love? It's been a while since I've had a nice shower." She laughed and rolled her eyes.

Opening the curtain wide, she raised an eyebrow, "Get in here, Pirate, before I change my mind."

He scoffed, but stripped immediately. "As if you could deny all of this," he gestured to his body.

"5....4...."

"All right, I'm coming!" Killian stumbled out of his pants and hopped into the shower behind her and shut the curtain with force.

They could deal with the parents in an hour or so...

-/-

{{Obviously a very fluffy chapter, but we all needed that, right?}}