Chapter 25

"She's in the recovery room right now and the baby is on a ventilator in the NICU. The baby's lungs were slightly more undeveloped than we thought so she'll probably be in the hospital for a week or so, and Emma should be out of here in about four days once I take the stitches out. I'm hopeful that both will make a full recovery."

Whale was in the waiting room with Mary Margaret, David, and Henry as he explained the circumstances of the c-section.

"So, my mom's okay?"

Whale nodded, "Yes, a c-section is a common surgery and she's doing well."

"Not to take the focus away from Emma, but we heard something had happened with Hook?" David looked as if he didn't want to ask but curiosity had gotten the best of him.

The nod was more solemn this time. "Yes, Hook lost consciousness when Emma was still in the birthing room, we have him in a room getting fluids right now. He's stable and I'm going to release him soon."

"Why do you look like you're not telling us something?" Mary Margaret had concern etched across her forehead, but was perceptive as always.

"That's as much as I can disclose about his medical information until I get the go ahead, but I can take you in to see Emma in the morning. We want to give her some time to sleep and recover before letting visitors in."

-/-

Anywhere below her neck hurt like hell. There was no way to describe the amount of discomfort she was feeling laying in that hospital bed as her mother fussed over her, Henry sat by her feet, and her father in a chair.

"Mom, really, I'm okay."

"Emma, you just had surgery and a baby, I'm here to help," she sounded exasperated.

"I know," Emma knew she was never going to win, "I just want to hold her and see Killian.."

A knock caught everyones' attention and they turned to see Ana coming in the already open door.

She smiled at everyone, but looked at Emma. "I'm sorry to eavesdrop, but I have two surprises and they're just what you ordered," the enthusiasm on her face was slightly amusing, but when she hurried out without another word and returned with Killian in a wheelchair, Emma's matched her's. He looked pretty worn out, but his face lit up and so did Emma's when their eyes met.

"Hey," she said quietly, trying not to grimace when a spasm in her stomach caused a new wave of pain.

Her parents looked around awkwardly for a moment before Mary Margaret spoke up. "We'll just give you two a moment." They all hugged her gently and then left the room.

"Okay, so, Doctor is going to release him soon, but that could've taken forever so that's why he's here. I'll give you two a few minutes to talk and stuff and then I'll take you down to the NICU," Ana explained and smiled before leaving.

She had pushed the chair directly in front of the bed so it was just natural for Killian to wrap his fingers in Emma's.

"How are you? How's your stomach? Are you in pain?" He threw questions at her and all she could do was squeeze his hand to shut him up. "Sorry."

Emma smiled slightly, "It hurt, but I'm okay, especially now that you're here. What happened yesterday?"

Killian stood up slight and kissed her. "Just got a little dizzy, love."

She scrunched up her eyes, "I feel like there's something you're not telling me."

"I'm fine, just worry about you." He kissed her knuckles, sending shivers down her spine. How he always managed to give her butterflies after all she would never know.

The smile on her face faded, "Do you think she's okay?"

"Of course, she's a fighter just like her mother."

"And her father," she added and he rolled his eyes.

-/-

"She's so beautiful."

They were both in the NICU, Emma in a wheelchair with Killian standing behind her, staring into the small incubator holding their innocent little daughter.

"Have you picked out a name yet?" Ana was checking the ventilator in the child's mouth.

They both nodded. "Rae Maria," Emma spoke first.

"And the last name?" She asked making Killian look uncomfortable; they hadn't talked about it. Ana sensed this. "I'll just ask later. We have lots of time." She left the room with a squeeze of her white shoes.

Killian placed his hand on Emma's shoulder, "She's so beautiful and she has your nose."

She looked up to smile at him. "We can name her Jones..if you want," she told him softly.

"What do you want, Emma?" It was her decision and he didn't want her making one just because she felt obligated.

Smiling still, she motioned him down to her level with her finger and kissed him. "You. I want you." Emma could feel something off in their kiss, but put it off to the overwhelming emotions she was feeling.