Chapter 15

It felt like they sat there in silence forever, but in reality it was probably only thirty minutes. Emma wanted to talk to him, she needed to, but his face was closed off and she knew he had to talk first. She shouldn't have pushed, he wasn't okay and she knew that, and she didn't know why she did it now. Glancing over at him quickly, she saw that he was still closed down and looking away from her. She didn't want him to be upset with her, he never got mad at her. He needed to talk to her first, but she was having a hard time holding back the words.

Of course, her being the person she was, she couldn't hold back. "Please don't be mad at me," she whispered while still looking at her lap.

"I'm not mad at you," he said to the ground.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"I'm not mad at you, Swan. I'm mad at myself," the last part was a whisper and she guessed she wasn't  meant to hear. 

She sighed, "I'm going to say something, and you're not going to stop me." Hook didn't look at her or say anything so she continued. "I get that you are sick and that you're tired, but you're not broken in the sense that you think. You think that because you can't walk or that you're always sick, that you're not as much a man as you used to be, but that's not true. I know I can't convince you that you're not broken, but I just wanted you to know that I don't think that. You're not broken in my eyes, Hook." His head turned and their eyes met, it had been awhile since she'd truly seen those blue eyes. He reached out and took her hand and then their foreheads touched. She could feel his warm breath on her mouth and knew both of their lips were inching forward. A shiver ran up her spine when their noses' touched and lips crept forward. 

"Mom!" Emma jumped back at the sound of her son's voice and approaching footsteps, but kept ahold of Killian's hand. Her parents and Henry were coming through the side door and approaching the bench. Out of the corner of her eye, Emma saw Killian's face flush and he turned his head in what seemed like shame. She squeezed his hand and then he turned to face the masses. 

"Hey kid," Emma smiled as he came closer. Hook had to let go of Emma's hand as both David and Mary Margaret bent down to hug him. Henry sat beside her and she ruffled his hair. 

"We saw your note and decided to call the hospital to see how things were going. Henry agreed that it would be a good time to come visit," David explained as he pulled two chairs from a nearby table and both him and Mary Margaret sat across from the rest of them. "How are you, mate?" He turned to look at Hook. 

Killian gave a short laugh, it wasn't mean though, "Been better, but I'll live." 

"Kinda had a long night," Emma added. 

Henry gave her an odd look, "Were you here all night?" She nodded. "Where did you sleep?"

"Uhh," she was at a loss for words.

"I fell asleep after soon Swan came to check on me," Killian jumped in, "so I didn't have time to persuade her to go home and not fall asleep in those bloody hospital chairs." Emma turned and gave him a grateful look as Henry seemed to be satisfied. 

"So you're okay then?" Emma's mother asked. Even though she was no fan of the pirate, she couldn't stop her motherly side from coming through. 

Hook nodded, "Aye, I'll live, lass." 

They all chatted for a while, Hook chiming in every so often when someone asked him a question, until everyone could tell he was fighting to stay awake and even grimaced in pain every so often. 

"Well," David started, eyeing Hook, "I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting hungry. We should probably get out of here and gets some lunch." Mary Margaret was about to object, but followed her husband's gaze and nodded. Emma stood up and hugged Henry.

"Thank you for coming," she whispered. He hadn't said much, but at least he hadn't seemed to be uncomfortable. He hugged her tighter for a moment before letting go. 

"Bye, Hook," Henry said as he went to follow behind his grandparents.

Killian raised his hand up a few inches and did a partial wave. "G'bye, lad," he said, obviously trying to sound strong and manly, but not quite making it. 

As soon as they were gone and back inside the hospital to leave, Emma got off the bench and bent down in front of Killian. "What hurts?" His hand was pressed to the side of his head and his face was contorted in pain.

"Head. Headache," he managed to get the words out. 

Emma was up and pushing the wheelchair back into the hospital, but by the time they were close to his room, it seemed to have subsided. She refused to listen to his "I'm fine"'s and helped him back into the bed and pulled the covers up to his chest. "Alright, since you're so fine, I'm going to go get some lunch. While I'm gone don't have a seizure, a heart attack, some kind of brain bleed, or do anything that makes doctors restart your heart or I will kill you myself." She smiled at his smirk.

"As you wish, mi lady. I'll probably be sleeping anyways." Emma bent down and kissed his cheek before walking out and going to find her family at Granny's.

Sorry for the fluff chapter, but I wanted to get something up. Gosh, you guys are so amazing, I love you all.