Chapter 1:)

===Erica's POV===

Hey, I'm Erica.

And my life isn't exactly peaches and creme. It's pretty tough.

But at least I live in a house and not on the street.

Gotta be optimistic about something... Right?

My parents died four years ago because of swine flu. We were living in a bad part of Mexico at the time, so I really couldn't get my parents to a good hospital.

Trust me. I would've if I could.

Well after they passed away, my aunt Sara and her daughter Rosie took me in, because they were the only family I had left. They, of course, live in the UK. Way different from Mexico.

Sara wasn't the best aunt ever. She started off ok, but when I turned 14, she became a drunk. She had very late nights, and sometimes I wouldn't even see her at home for days at a time. She's a little abusive, but it's nothing I can't handle. I don't know how she keeps her job, but she does.

Rosie on the other hand, is popular, which is probably why she's with a different guy every night. She wears at least 10 pounds of make up just for school, then when she gets home she puts on another 10. She's a year younger than me at age 16, but a good six inches taller. But then again, I've never seen her without heels on, so who knows how tall she really is. We used to go to the same school until Sara made me drop. It wasn't like I liked school, (with Rosie and her cohorts bullying me every chance they could, it wasn't easy too) it's just I missed being away from learning and being away from... Them.

The only thing that gets me through my life with my aunt and cousin, is singing.

And of course my best friend, Sylvie.

"It's what's in your heart." I finished singing to her. I had just written another song and Sylvie was the only one who knew I could kinda sing, and also the one I showed all my songs too.

"Erica! This is really good! I can't believe it! You actually wrote this! I am so excited! One day when your famous, I can be your-" Sylvie started, but got cut off by my aunt.

"ERICA! DOWN STAIRS NOW!" Crap. What did I do now?

"Coming!" I called down. I glanced at Sylvie and she looked at me apologetically.

Sara was probably drunk again.

I barreled down the stairs, two at a time and entered the hallway to see her wobbling around, grabbing onto things to keep her straight up, looking for something.

"Yes?" I asked her, coming to her side.

She looked at me, then slapped me across the face. Hard.

I sucked in a breath. So she slapped me a lot, but it still hurt every time.

"YOU.... ate... my PET UNIcorn... " She told me, grabbing my arm and twisting around.

"Ow... Ow! Please stop!" I asked her. She may be drunk, but she was still insanely strong.

"GO... get me.... some rhubarb..." She told me, letting go of my hand and wobbling to the living room.

Okay, so my aunt is crazy.

I ran into the kitchen. I got an apple and ran back to my aunt who was twerking on the couch.

Not an image you want in your head.

I handed her the apple, and she looked at me, "GO TO YOUR... room... and clean the-" She started but didn't get to finish because she kinda just fell asleep. The apple tumbled out of her hand to the ground. I picked it up and went to the kitched to put it away. I grabbed an ice-pack and placed it on my cheek, then to my arm, which probably needed it more. I glared at the living room and put the ice-pack away, then ran up to my room again.

"Are you okay?" Sylvie asked as soon as I came through the door.

"Ya, I'm fine... Sara is just drunk again..." I told her. Sylvie shook her head.

"The things people do at six in the afternoon." She said, shaking her head.

Sylvie knew that my aunt was rude and abusive, but I made her promise she wouldn't tell anyone. Not even her dog.

"So anyway, you should probably leave before she wakes up." I told her.

Sylvie nodded, "If anything happens, call me." She said giving me a hug. I smiled and walked her downstairs.

"Bye! See you tomorrow!" She said, letting herself out.

"Bye!" I whisper yelled back.

-------------------------------2 weeks later---------------------------------

"Starships were meant to fly..." I sang as I cleaned Rosie's toilet for the second time today.

"ERICA!!"

"Coming!" I called down to my aunt. I put the toilet brush down, and ran out of her bathroom. When I got to the bottom of the stairs she was waiting for me.

And surprisingly she wasn't drunk.

"We are going to be having some guests. We will need to give them your room. Do not try to argue with me. You will be there personal maid and so if they need anything, you shall get it for them. When you see them I do not, let me repeat, do not want you to make me look bad. If you do I will starve you for the next two weeks. Now, go and move your stuff to the shed. The boys will be here in about 2 hours. I also want you to cook dinner for them as well. So put on something nice and hurry up." She said.

"Haha, you get the shed!" My cousin, Rosie, told me from where she was on the couch.

I sighed and headed up the stairs, while Rosie just laughed at me.

My aunt apparently has an 'in' with the music industry and every so often, people might come to stay with us while they're touring.

Because, lets face it. Our town has the worst hotels in the history of hotels.

My aunt hasn't people over while I have been here. So these... guests... shall be my first ones.

It must be some really important people... Probably stuck up, snotty, rich kids.

Just great.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!

Hope you all enjoyed the first chapter of my new book! :)

I don't know where this one is going yet....

BUT yes.. it will be a One Direction Fanfiction!

Sorry for all the grammatical errors! It will get better as it goes.. Hopefully.

Thanks!

Cayenne:0)