Up and Away

CHAPTER ONE

Everything and everyone was floating in space, the furniture and fittings and people were floating around the rooms in the meteor base. The gravity generator was offline, but the emergency beacon still worked and automatically triggered, sending a signal to all passing ships. 

  Arthur awoke feeling groggy and struggled to his feet. He heard a giant thumping on the outside hatch. He opened the blast doors. There was a man dressed in a bright costume knocking at the entrance. Arthur pushed the button to open the door to the decompression chamber. The man walked into the chamber and waited for the pressure to equalise. Once it had he entered the main hangar area and began to speak. “My name is Major Holiness. The Lawful League’s Space Station picked up your distress beacon and I was sent out in my chariot to pick you up.”

  “But you are not wearing a space suit?”

  “I don’t need one, my super powers keep me safe.”

  “Super powers?”

  “The strength of Samson, the wisdom of Solomon, the invulnerability of Adam, the speed and chariot of Elijah.”

  “I was going to ask you about that. Do you expect us to get back to your planet in your flaming chariot?”

  “It would be good to hot foot it out of here.”

  “Very droll, have you got a super power that can compensate for your terrible sense of humour?” Arthur then introduced the major to the others as they were waking up.

  “Can we take our stuff with us?” asked Trelainne.

You can buy Up and Away on the Kindle from America

http://tinyurl.com/c36z62q

or the UK

http://tinyurl.com/bsrfxbd