Don't trust the boy who's too proud of his secrets

This chapter was a bit hurried, and I apologize for that. But since I won't be able to post for a week, I decided to upload. 

Happy reading :)

Chapter 8 

We fall asleep.

After a day of exploring the woods and the campus we jump into our beds, wish each other good night and drift off. For me, it's a sleep with dreams, reliving the party, and also seeing a face I didn't want to ever see again. Evan.

I wake up in the middle of the night breathing heavily, trying to shake off the recent dream and start over. It takes me a while to calm down, but eventually I'm unaware of reality and believe everything I'm seeing before my eyes, no matter how weird my subconscious is.

In the morning, we are both awakened by the alarm clock, which assures me that pretty soon I'll wake up with a grumpy look, because I already hate the sound of the alarm. Anton is the first one to get up and leave the room to take a shower down the hall. I stay behind lingering between the sheets.

This is the first official day.

I kick the blanket off with my feet and slowly get up, breaking into a yawn every once in a while. Before closing the door behind, I stretch, my hands reaching out, and I don't see that I nearly punch another dude in the face. He rushes past me, but not before glaring angrily at me.

"I'm sorry!" I yell after him, but he doesn't want to hear it, and he definitely doesn't want to see my face ever again. Unluckily for him, we might have a class together, and seeing me could be inevitable.

The bathroom has five showers, each of them separated by walls, and decorated by curtains. On the opposite side of the room, there are sinks with mirrors.

I step inside the only empty shower, and I'm thankful I didn't have to wait. I pull the curtain closed and take the towel from around my waist and hang it on the hook that's on the wall outside the curtain.

The cold water is soothing, calming my nerves. I don't think about nightmares, or my fears, I just let myself be in the moment, and it's marvellous.

I smile with my eyes closed.

"I don't feel like discussing literature," Anton says and swallows. "I also don't feel like eating."

I nudge his shoulder with mine and smile. "You have to try," I say. We are walking outside towards the cafeteria to have breakfast before the classes start. "Imagine when your stomach starts growling when the class has fallen silent. Trust me, you don't want that," I explain to him.

He looks unsure, but gives a slight nod. I pat on his shoulder and open the door for him. He rolls his eyes and I chuckle.

The cafeteria is filled with people and it's overwhelming.

Anton and I both wince.

We stand in the line and move along with it. "I miss Jocelyn's quiet kitchen," I mutter and Anton agrees. I take two ham sandwiches, a glass of milk and an omelette, and after I show the machine my card and it beeps, I stand dumbstruck, because I have no idea where to go.

"We have to talk to strangers," he sighs, disgusted with the idea. "Why do people scatter around like that? They could have left us a free table."

Nevertheless, we need to sit down. So I decide to make the first move, since Anton is not very good with people. And I think maybe he doesn't like new situations, because thinking back he was so confident when I first met him. He was cocky when speaking to Clarice and very sure of himself when punching Declan.