Danger and tension

I am so sorry for not uploading sooner. Really, truly sorry. I've been busy, and then there was writer's block, and now I've finally posted the new chapter.

This one is not from Howard's POV. So, don't be confused, it's meant to be in third person.

I wanted to give you a glimpse of what was happening outside the Howard-drama. :)

I hope you like it! :)

Happy reading, lovelies.

Chapter 29 – Danger and tension

He didn't know how long he had been staring the spot, where Lorcan had been just minutes before, when suddenly Howard kicked his leg under the table. "Did your rocket ship take flight and left the Earth behind?" he asks, a frown upon his forehead, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Sorry, I was just thinking," Evan shifts and blinks his eyes: they get a bit watery because he has been fixated for so long. Evan continues to eat his fries and drinks the last sip of his coffee. There is something about that boy that makes Evan tick, and he feels a desperate pull towards him. "You don't happen to know what his next class is?"

Howard turns to Evan and just stares at him. Emma lifts her eyebrow. They are suspicious, and it makes Evan uncomfortable. "What?" he blurts. "It was just a question."

"I know, but usually no one even thinks about that," Emma replies and then laughs. "What just happened, did I miss something? Why the sudden interest?"

Howard leans closer. "You're not thinking of starting a fight, are you? Because that could end badly." And even though Evan can notice his concern, he can also read between the lines that Howard is excited, and maybe even part of him would like to see this supposed fight, of course in case Evan would win.

"It did cross my mind, but no. Not because of a fight," Evan shakes his head and tries to hide his blush, but they already notice.

"The consequences would be...bad," Howard says and winces at the last word. Emma scrunches her nose.

"I do know some of his classes," she mumbles. Evan lifts his eyes and looks at her. "I know that his next lesson is creative writing."

"Brilliant." That's Evan's next class, too.

People usually expect a brand new start when they move to another place, that wasn't it for Evan. He was looking forward to playing his old tricks, trying to push people to confess what they really felt and not just float through the school halls emotionless or bottled-up.

Evan's motto was that you had to remove the mask, because those Cinderella-dances didn't last over a couple of hours. And if you leave the mask on for too long, it becomes our real face. Losing yourself is much worse than being a little silly sometimes, or overemotional, or needy, or angry, sad.

He had a new goal. For a change, he was excited about his new little project. Yes, it is rude to call a person a project, but why the heck not? Aren't we all art? So really, the person is a painting that needs more paint, or maybe some covering up.