Sugar-coated part 2

A/N: Here's the new chapter. I hope you like it. I really enjoyed writing it, because I like writing about Evan and Lorcan. 

Happy reading x)

Chapter 32 – Sugar coated part 2

It wasn't that Lorcan was being difficult, he was being impossible. Evan ran after him while the others were enjoying the party. It was cold outside now that he had given the coat back. Damn, he missed that coat. He missed the smell and the feel of it around him.

It had been an uphill battle with himself when it came to deciding whether to invite Lorcan or no. The moment Evan had mentioned going to a house in the woods, Lorcan had immediately shaken his head. "No, not Jocelyn's house," he insisted. "I'm not going there!" Without having to explain further, Evan had seen Lorcan spark with anger and confusion. Still manically shaking his head, Lorcan kept pacing back and forth outside where he was having a cigarette.

"But it's just a party," Evan had mumbled. He had felt helpless. His plan had been to get Lorcan to the party and there he would give a little push – the push was supposed to be Brent. Brent had agreed, because everything had been thought of. Besides, Brent had drunkenly kissed boys, it was fine, but still he was attracted to girls.

"No, it's hers!" Lorcan had brought his hands to the same level as his head and flexed his fingers. His hands had been shaking. "You don't understand, she hates me!"

Evan had sighed as he bit his lip. "But you would come with me. That'd be totally different. Look, I don't know the history of the two of you, but I'm sure there's something to do. There'd be other people she doesn't like, too. She can hate us together," Evan had been trying to smooth things. The thought of Jocelyn hating them both had calmed Lorcan down a notch, and once again he'd said to Evan that he could keep the coat until next time. With a smile on his face, Evan had left. The plan had seemed okay.

Now, running after the boy he was playing with, and running after the coat he longed to have on his shoulders again, it seemed that he had thought wrong. Was he still in the game? Or had he felt a squeeze in his insides when he saw Brent kiss Lorcan? He didn't know.

After all, the idea wasn't to go after Lorcan; it was to evoke his true feelings, to make Lorcan admit that he was something he didn't want to admit.

"Lorcan, wait up!" Evan yelled after the blond-haired boy, who was stomping his feet angrily as he speed-walked away from the house. Evan took a deep breath and quickened his pace. When the coat was in his reach, he grabbed it and pulled to make Lorcan stop. The coat almost came off. "Shit! Will you please stop!"

"What? So you can mock me?" Lorcan spat. His face was pale, Evan could see it despite it being dark outside.

"I'm not here to mock you." Evan ran a tongue quickly over his lower lip. "What Brent did was unexpected, I get it. But you don't need to run away. He said sorry. It was just a game, a stupid yet intriguing game. Please don't leave because of this."

Lorcan was breathing heavily. "What do you want me to say?" It wasn't a question. "It felt weird? Awkward? It kind of freaked me out!"

"That's okay," Evan smiled and stepped closer. Lorcan moved his arms so the coat came back on his shoulders. "You know you don't have to be so tough all the time, even though it suits you."

Lorcan pressed his lips together. "Don't you dare say I'm cute when I'm emotional," he warned pointing a finger at Evan. Then he broke into a chuckle.

"I wasn't gonna say anything," Evan smirked. "But now that you mentioned-"

"Shut up!" Lorcan pushed Evan, who stumbled, and walked past. He glanced over his shoulder, a smirk that matched Evan's on his lips. "Come on. We wasted enough time. I need a drink."