Ethereal

A/N: I never imagined university life being this crazy, and by crazy I mean I have too much to study. So forgive me, but I am not able to write a longer chapter for our 40th (can you believe it?) chapter. I'm very sorry. 

I still hope that you stay with me, even though I might post every two weeks (maybe it will take me even longer), but I will not bail on you. I will definitely finish this, however long it may take me. 

(Also, since I am a big stresser, then I'd like to remind you not to worry too much. Seriously, if you're too tired to do something, then don't. Sometimes you have to rely on yourself, and if you fail, it is not the end of the world :) - Less stress, but also you're allowed to be a mess sometimes.)

Happy reading, x)

Chapter 40 – Ethereal

You know that moment, when something is about to happen. You can feel it; you can almost touch it, devour it, but then the seconds tick by and you start to wonder whether something is wrong with you. After all, you did feel like something was going to unravel.

Anton kisses my cheek and I squeeze his hand. "Is that okay?" he asks, stepping back, our hands drop to our sides. We stare at each other. How can you fake a relationship with the person you used to love?

"I don't know. I think I'm too tense," I say and sigh. We have taken the tent apart and are ready to join the others, but we still have to go over our plan. "Fuck, Evan's going to know anyways. He's the master planner; he's going to see right through us."

Anton nibbles on his lower lip. "But maybe that's the problem – he think he's so smart, so it's easy to out smarten him," he explains. He throws the bag with the tent in it over his shoulder and shrugs. "If they find out, then we'll tell them we're confused. Otherwise, why not play a trick on them?"

I don't know. "People tend to get hurt when it comes to tricks," I tell, but Anton shakes his head.

"Who can we hurt besides ourselves?"

Evan stretches beside Lorcan and rolls closer, his face inches from the sleeping boy. He takes a deep breath, devouring the sweet pine scent. Lorcan smells like a lake full of stars. Evan blinks, frowning. How the hell does a star even smell? He shrugs, for him it was a perfect way to describe Lorcan.

He touches his skin softly letting his fingers trail like a feather brushing against the sleeping boy. Evan bites his lip. Everything about this is perfect. Even though the tent is a bit humid from the change of temperature outside, he couldn't picture a more perfect scene to wake up to.

Evan plants a kiss on Lorcan's shoulder and feels movement underneath. "I was having a perfect dream," Lorcan mumbles, eyes still closed. Evan moves up his neck, lips leaving slight trails as he finds Lorcan's lips and kisses them. Lorcan, being tired as he is, is a bit taken aback and does not immediately respond to this. Perhaps he even fell asleep for a moment.

"What was the dream?" Evan wonders, resting his next to Lorcan's, his breath tickling Lorcan's ear.

"Huh?" Lorcan groans. They went to sleep too late.

"I asked about your dream. What did you see?" Evan repeats, his eyes travel along Lorcan's bare upper body.

"When did you steal my blanket?" Lorcan frowns, turning to look at his partner.

"I didn't. You're a messy sleeper," Evan smiles and nods to Lorcan's right, where the blanket is all crumpled up. "I didn't notice until now. I would've tucked you in."