Mysterious and mischevious

Hey!

So, this is me posting a new chapter. I hope you like it. It's not much, but helps me move on with the story, and do it slowly enough so it doesn't become overwhelming. I don't know. I'm kind of nervous.

Yeah, anyways, if you like it, thumbs up, right? And also I would love to read comments ;)

Happy reading x)

Chapter 30 – Myserious and mischevious

I notice Evan with a strange coat that isn't his. He's leaning against the wall, a very foxy smirk on his lips as if he knew better than anyone else in the room, and his whole appearance raises questions in my head. What is he up to? The coat looks heavy and the greenish brown is not what the colour was initially planned to be, or so it seems. Evan rests his head smiling to himself as if remembering something and closes his eyes for only a brief moment.

Class is about to start and I notice people in their seats, but Evan's glowing mood stops me, and I have to ask, "What's going on with you?"

He turns to look at me and he bites into his tongue that he ran across his lips. "Hm?" he mumbles and stares at me innocently. He pushes himself away from the wall and closes his mouth. Nervously he smoothes his hair with one hand while the other slides inside the pocket of the weird-looking coat.  "What do you mean?"

"I mean you're wearing a strange coat inside of the building and you are looking happy as ever," I explain and Evan drops his eyes. "So is there a reason?"

"Oh, um, it's nothing," he replies and bites back his smile. "Just a normal day." Even though I let it go then, I don't believe him. Something has to be behind all of this, but for now, I move on and find my place in the classroom. I see Evan walk away and wonder why he was here in the first place. Maybe he mixed up the classroom numbers; after all he's new here.

I have made a crucial mistake. Instead of staying at the house, I forgot what class it was exactly. Now, few rows forward, there's Anton with his phone in his hand, probably texting the girl who drives me crazy every time I see her and not in a good way that might be flattering to her. No, I'd most likely push her so she'd fall, and I would not apologize. I think that's how far I would go since it really isn't he fault that me and Anton are having a fight, a silent one but nevertheless; it is still a fight.

"Anton," the professor starts. "Since you have been absent for the last couple of times, I think it would be only fair that you read the poem you wrote for one of your classes. I heard it was quite remarkable." My attention jumpstarts. He has been absent? So I guess I wasn't the only one avoiding problems.

"Yeah, of course," his voice is raw and he clears his throat. The bell rings, and the professor gesture for Anton to step forward. He searches through his notebook. The class has fallen silent and even though there are those who don't care about anything going on, but keep their eyes locked on their screens, or the few who read a book, it is intimidating for me, and I'm sure it's worse for him.

He slowly walks to the front and turns around on his heel, the sheet which he just ripped from his notebook with the poem between his fingers. His eyes find me and he flinches, but barely. I think I am the only one who notices this, but maybe I think myself to be more special than I am. He clears his throat again and I bite the inside of my cheek.

It is too much. I can't not look, I have to, because he is mine and I am his and we are forever, even though forever is a big word, but it doesn't have to be infinity forever, just a period of time that seems like forever. We don't need a thousand years to feel like we've lived a thousand years, we only need some time to feel invincible. With Anton every second was an hour and it still wasn't enough, but it was worth everything. I still remember his lips on mine.