Look who the cat dragged in

A/N: (Sorry for the long introduction) I don't understand how time goes by so quickly. I keep having those evenings, where I am too tired to write, because I have to study, and even when I don't have to study that much, or have done all the homework, I just do nothing, or watch TV shows. 

I should force myself to write. Waiting for the right moment might take me weeks. 

But I guess it's difficult to change the way I behave as I'm so used to it. 

Apologies, dears.

I sincerely hope you enjoy this chapter. I definitely enjoyed writing it. And I think I'm quite glad about the way it turned out. 

Tell me what you think. I adore comments. And be sure to tell me if there's something you don't like. I can figure something out to make the story better. 

Happy reading :) 

Chapter 25 - Look who the cat dragged in

Do I really want to face someone who played with someone's feelings so cruelly?

Evan was my best friend and he anonymously flirted with the girl I liked. How can you trust someone who hurts the ones you love? How can you ever forgive such deeds? I don't want to be his friend. I want him to stay away as far and as long as possible.

But now we're in the same school, and in the same classes. For how long can I ignore him?

"Howard, you can't ignore me forever!" he raises his voice as I walk past him, no glances. It's the third day, Wednesday. I might not be able to walk past him for the rest of the time here, but I sure as hell can postpone us talking. I don't need to hear what he has to say. I don't need to hear his apologies. There was a time when he could've reached out to me, tried harder, but it seems he didn't want that.

I haven't talked to Madison lately, but I think she forgave him. I haven't.

I don't want him to think he can treat people like they are puppets. He was my friend and I trusted him and he did such a shitty thing. Why would you pretend to be someone you're not? Why would you pretend to like someone? Why would you hurt someone's feelings like that?

He stands in front of the door, not letting me go past him. "Howard, we need to talk," he says, even pleads. "Please."

No, I don't want your apologies; I don't want your explanations. I don't want you to tell me how it really was, how you were confused, how you didn't know what you were doing, because you do not fake your feelings for someone, you just don't!

And I push as hard I can, and he finally steps away, so I can go to class.

I feel him looking at me from the back of the class. He's burning holes in my shirt with his intense stare. I feel uncomfortable.

I try not to stand out in class. I don't want to answer the questions, so I pretend I don't know, and the professor asks someone else.

He catches me as I walk to my next class. He grabs my hand but I jerk away. "Listen to me, please!" he pleads. I glare at him, then let out a smothered laugh and walk away, leaving him disappointed and worried. At the back of my mind, a voice tells me he will reach out to me again.

I sit at the fountain, waiting for Jocelyn. I'm listening to music from my phone, when someone taps on my shoulder. I close my eyes and inhale. I don't want to talk to anyone. When I take the earplugs out, I see Emma. I exhale in relief.

"I thought you were someone else," I say.

"Really? Who is it you don't want to talk to?" she asks and nudges my elbow. "Everybody is so missing in action that I'm starting to think I have no friends. I mean, am I even allowed to speak to Anton? And I can never know whether Jocelyn will just leave me and never look at me again."