We're not pretending anymore

A/N: I hope you like it, even though it shifts between characters. (Also read my new story Chemical :) )

Happy reading x)

Chapter 34 – We're not pretending anymore

Anton is sitting on his bed and staring at the floor. He's shaking his leg nervously, while clutching the paper in his hand; it's already crumpled. It's the poem. He's supposed to meet up with Shay, but he feels numb. The bed next to his is empty and has been for a while. His mind feels empty too. He has been thinking about everything over and over, but still doesn't seem to be able to make things work.

He knows that Shay and Evan have talked, but he hasn't spoken about wanting to know what they've discussed. He has always turned Shay away.

He unfolds the paper and sighs. It's time to read it again.

Evan opens his eyes and rubs sleep out of them. Lorcan is sleeping next to him on his stomach. Evan smiles and gives Lorcan's shoulder a peck. Evan leans back and bites his lip. He's thinking whether he should wake the boy or not. He is hoping it won't be awkward.

He stands up and tears a piece of paper from his notebook and leaves a note saying that he's gone to take a shower. He grabs a towel, his toothbrush and toothpaste and leaves the room quietly.

After he's taken a shower, he goes to the sink to brush his teeth. He tilts his head and sees a red mark on his neck. Evan chuckles and shakes his head. Memories of Lorcan giving him a hickey rush back and he tightens his grip around the sink's edge to keep calm.

It's too early for anyone else to be in the bathroom. Evan woke up early. He spits the paste and gargles water before he spits it out as well. He looks up at his reflection and smiles to see his pearly whites.

The door opens and Evan looks to his left. "Morning," Lorcan says leaning against the doorframe. He runs a hand through his hair and smiles lazily.

"I didn't mean to wake you up," Evan says, resting his hands on both sides of the sink, leaning in.

"You didn't," Lorcan replies and lets his gaze trail down Evan's body. "You already showered?"

Evan nods, pressing his lips together to keep from smiling.

"Damn," Lorcan mumbles and tilts his head back. Evan remembers how last night Lorcan's neck was covered by Evan's mouth. "Well, I had a great time last night." Evan tightens his grip, his nails making clicking sounds against the sink. "Why do you still seem so tense?" Lorcan brightens up and pushes himself off the doorframe. He walks to Evan, their faces close.

"I'm not, I'm tired," Evan lies, staring into Lorcan's eyes.

"Oh?" Lorcan cocks an eyebrow. His eyes travel to Evan's lips, then neck, then the crook of his shoulder, then down his arm until finally he looks at Evan's hand. "Why are your knuckles white, then?"

"I'm naturally pale," Evan says.

"Liar," Lorcan snickers and grabs Evan's wrist. He moves swiftly and turns Evan around. Lorcan presses his body against Evan's who is leaning slightly back over the sink. Lorcan's holding both of Evan's hands in place. "You seem scared."

"More like aware." Evan bites his lip; Lorcan draws a breath through his slightly open mouth.

"Do you want me to kiss you?" Lorcan asks, a grin forms on his lips. Why do you even ask, moron, of course I do, Evan thinks, but doesn't reply.

A guy walks in with flip-flops on and a towel over his shoulder. He glances at them, but then walks on. Lorcan steps back from Evan. "I guess I should take a shower," he mumbles; Evan nods, biting the insides of his cheeks. Lorcan has that arrogant look on his face again, as if he were the boss. "So whatever. See you." Evan takes his stuff and glances back at the door. Lorcan is staring at the other guy. "What?" he snaps and takes the towel off around his waist.