Chapter 45-The Weight

A Vampire's Mate

Chapter 45- The Weight

Song- The Weight by Shawn Mendes

Trey's POV

It had been about a week since Alek left with that Witch Bitch. Alek went willingly, might I add. He didn't put up an ounce of a fight. He actually seemed eager as he laid his eyes on the Witch Bitch.

"You really shouldn't call that girl a 'Witch Bitch'. It's rude."

"Do you know her name then, smartass?" I ask Max.

"Well... I... Uh... no."

"If we don't her name... we get to name her. Even if we actually did have her name... I'd still call her Witch Bitch. I'm gonna call her what I like, and nobody is gonna change my mind!" I exclaim.

"Yeah... I'm going to go check up on Aria."

"No! I'll do it."

Aria has been completely broken this past week. I could tell she was trying to be strong in Alek's presence... but when he walked out of that door, she fell to pieces. I don't know if I can put her back together after this. She hasn't come out of her room for anything, not even food. I'm so worried and I just want to cry seeing her in so much pain. How could Alek do this to her?

I knock lightly on her door. "May I come in, Ari?"

After she doesn't reply, I get worried and pick her lock. I open the door to find Aria lying on top of the bed, staring at the ceiling. I lay down beside her.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay. You really have to eat something. You're gonna get sick."

She lays on the bed, motionless. The only reason I know she's still alive is the steady rise and fall of her chest. I sit up to look at her.

"Aria, I understand how much pain you're in right now. The person you love doesn't love you and is with another. Trust me... I know how that feels. You gotta get up, though, sunshine. You have to act normal. You have to let him know that you're doing just fine without him... even if you aren't."

She still doesn't respond to me.

"Ari... please. I need to see that mind numbing smile. I need to hear that heart stopping laugh. I need to be able to almost feel your happiness radiating off of you, again. I need you to come back to reality. I need my best friend to be right here beside me. You can't even comprehend how much it hurts for me to see you in pain like this. I can't stand it! All I wanna do is cry! You mean so much to me. I can't even explain it to you! I want you to be happy again, Ari! I need you to be happy again!" I take a deep, ragged breath as Aria turns to look at me.

She jumps up and wraps her arms around me. I can feel her shaking and soon enough, she starts to bawl.

"I-I'm so s-s-sorry, Tr-Trey. I'm sorry." Aria says as she's crying. I hold her tighter and rub circles on her back.

"Shh, Aria, it's okay. I've got you." She nods but keeps on crying.

"I've got you." I whisper once more.

-----------------------------------

Trey's POV

Alek breezes through the door about 4 hours after I got through to Aria. He acts as if nothing happened. It pisses me off knowing that he's barely even thinking of what he's putting Aria through. I want to punch him in the face so bad.

I look at Aria and see that her face has hardened and is showing no emotion whatsoever. Max and I know that she's in pain, though. I grit my teeth and look back at Alek.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, venomously.

"Well, nobody told me that I couldn't come here." He says with a stupid ass smirk on his face.

"Yeah, well now I'm telling you." Max says. "Get. Out."

"No." Aria says, looking at us through her hair. "May we have a moment alone, please?"

I look at Aria in disbelief. Why does she want a moment alone with him? I shrug, and go out of the room, but keep my eye on Alek as I walk out. If he touches her, I'll kill him.

Max walks out and slides down the wall into sitting position on the floor.

Trey says, "I told her to yell if she needed me."

Aria's POV

"Alek, do you love her?" I ask him.

"Her name is Lexi."

"I didn't ask for her name, did I?"

He scoffs and leans back on the counter. "No," He says, "I don't love her."

"Why are you with her?"

"She makes me happy."

So, he was never actually happy with me, or what? "Happier than I can make you?"

"Well, I don't know... yeah."

"Did you sleep with her?"

He looks at me as if I'm crazy. "Aria... I don't think that is a question that-"

"Did. You. Sleep. With. Her?" I say every word and my voice starts to take on a higher pitch.

"Yes."

I close my eyes and breathe in deeply. A traitor tear starts to roll down my cheek, but I wipe it away quickly and glare at Alek. Alek looks at me with pity in his eyes and reaches out for me.

"Don't you ever touch me!" I yell at him.

"Oh, Aria. Yeah, I was happier with her... but I want you to stay. Please."

"You left me all alone!" I say. How can he pretend like he didn't cause me all this pain? Now he thinks I'm just gonna come back to him?

"Please come back to me." He says.

"I need to put you in the past because it's over."

"I just needed time to think, Aria!" He exclaims, throwing his hands in the air.

"No! You pushed me away! You just kept pushing and pushing!"

"Please." He says again.

"You're putting all your pain on my shoulders and I can't take it anymore! You're breaking my heart!" I scream, tears running down my face now.

"Please, Aria! I'll try to change for you! I will!" He says and he takes a deep breath and puts his hands on his head.

"Did you notice the word, 'try'? I can't wait for you, Alek."

His face drops as I turn and walk away from him. I hear him fall to the floor and gasp for breaths so he doesn't cry.

I get out the door and close it behind me. I, too, fall down and start bawling. I feel arms pull me into a hug and I look up at Max.

"It's okay, Ari. You're too good for him anyways. You're too good." He says, and lets go of me. Someone else pulls me to the chest and starts rocking me back and forth.

"Trey?" I ask.

"Mmm?"

"He didn't break my heart, Trey. He shattered it."

Trey holds me tighter. "Don't worry. I'll fix you, Ari. I will."

A/N awe, Trey is so cute!

who thinks Alek will win her back?

who thinks Trey is such a sweetie and will finally get to be with the girl he loves?

i don't know, guys.

i love you, stay strong, stay perfect, you're worth it!

-Haley