Chapter 13-Don't Be Afraid

A Vampire's Mate

Chapter 13-Don't Be Afraid

Aria's POV

I wake up with Drake's arms around me. I turn around and come face to face with him. He smiles and says, "Morning, baby."

I smile back at him and say, "Good morning, person!"

We decide to walk outside and just walk in the park.

I watch how each and every leaf falls down and I watch all the animals scurrying around. Everything looks so peaceful. Too peaceful.

That's when Drake and I hear it. It sounds like a stampede. Out of nowhere people come out and attack us. Drake starts to fight them and I panic. I did take karate lessons as a kid.

I start to use my karate and knock some out. Others are harder to take down. When there are only 2 people left I kick them both at the same time and they get knocked out.

Drake looks over at me, shock filling his face. "I took karate as a kid." I say and shrug my shoulders. I mean it's not that big of a deal! It's just stupid karate.

Drake smiles and drags me back inside. He takes me back to 'our' room and says, "Stay here! You'll be safe here. This is the only room in the castle protected by magic. Only you and me can get in."

I nod my head and Drake walks out closing the door behind him. I run up and lock it just for good measure.

After what seems like forever Drake comes back in and says, "Come on, we've got to go!" He grabs my hand leading me out to what I'm assuming is his car.

He pushes me in and speeds off. We come to the airport and Drake drags me all the way in and into a plane. We're the only passengers.

"Where are we going, Drake?" I ask him.

"Australia." He answers.

"What?" I screech.

He winces and just shakes his head. "That's the only place where you will be safe." He says.

"I don't want to!" I scream.

"What's even going on? I'm just so scared, Drake!" I say and start sobbing. He pulls me into his arms and rocks me gently back and forth.

He finally says, "Don't be afraid. I will never let anything happen to you." I nod my head and fall asleep in his arms because I'm so exhausted. Otherwise, I would have pushed him away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 13! HOPE YOU LIKE IT!

I love you, stay strong, stay perfect, you're worth it.

-Haley