Chapter 6-Dimitri

A Vampire's Mate

Chapter 5-Dimitri

Trey's POV

I run out of school and hop in my car. I speed off torwards the country and just keep driving.

An hour later, I decide to pull over for some fresh air. Right when I step out of the car, I smell it. Another very powerful vampire is out here.

I am tackled from behind and I look up to see... What is his name again? Anyways, he was the first ever vampire. "Oh, and to think we used to be good friends." I say and get off the ground.

"We were, until I saw you messing around with a human." He says. Aria isn't just a human! I wanted to yell at him but I controlled myself.

"I'm not messing around. She's my best friend. What's your name again?" I ask.

He smirks and says, "If we used to be good friends then don't you think you would have remembered my name?" He asks. Oh, I never thought about that. "It's Dimitri."

Then again, when do I ever think? I'll tell you when, when I'm around Aria. If I don't, she could get hurt. I have to protect her from all the bad things in the world. That was, until Alek took my spot.

I should be relieved, but actually I'm worried about Aria. What if Alek just wants to kill her. No! I can't think about him killing her when Dimitri probably will.

Dimitri is blocking the way to my car and I say, "Will you move?" He looks at me curiously and steps out of my way. I jump in the car and speed to Alek's house.

I heard that's where Aria was going. When I get there I knock boldly on the door. Alek appears and when he sees me, he knows something is wrong so he let's me in. I tell Aria and Alek the whole story.

"You have get away from here." I keep saying to them. Aria sits down beside me and hugs me. For a moment I was tense, but soon relaxed and hugged her back. They started packing their bags and put them in Alek's car.

It would be hard for me to let Aria leave. My heart would break into a million pieces watching her and Alek drive away. Everything I had ever loved would be gone. I would never be the same without her, but I would see her again someday. This should keep her safe.

I gave Aria a long, tight hug and she got in the car. They started to drive off but the car stopped and Aria jumped out. Before I could think anything about it, Aria smashes her lips to mine. This was basically our first kiss where we weren't drunk and knew what was going on.

I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her closer. When we finally break away, she starts crying. "Don't cry, Aria. We will see each other again, I promise." She hugs me one last time and hops back in the car.

They drive off and I collapse to the ground with pain running all through me. She had left, and now I was all alone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awww. Poor Trey! What do you think??

I love you, stay strong, stay perfect, you're worth it.

-Haley