Chapter 34-When A Zombie Attacks

A Vampire's Mate

Chapter 34-When A Zombie Attacks

Song- City of Angels by Thirty Seconds to Mars

Aria's POV

I was out wandering in the woods. Not such a good idea, but I was bored and everybody was sleeping. Yes, it may be 2:00 in the morning but once sugar is in my system it's over. It takes forever for me to want to sleep. I started to run trying to get myself worn out. I want to sleep but I just can't. My legs start to ache after awhile but I'm still not tired. I hear a twig snap and I turn around quickly. I come face to face with a pair of bright, orange eyes. I rub my eyes, thinking it's the sugar, but the eyes stay there.

"Who are you?" I ask, but no answer is given. The eyes move closer to me and I take a step back. The eyes dart over to me. I feel hands grip my arms and I feel myself being flipped onto the ground. I land hard on my back and grimace. I jump up and get in a fighting stance. "Advance towards me, brethren." I say.

The person moves towards me. I kick my leg up and when they try to grab it, I pull it away quickly and grab their arms. I throw them to the ground holding their arm and their the cheek pressed to the ground.

"Who are you?" I ask again but still get no answer. I bend his arm a little more and hear a whimper. I don't let up or soften though. That's what killed me, basically.

"Please, please." A familiar voice says and I let go of them slowly. They get up and stand there for a second. Then they lunge and grab me. "Sorry, Aria. This is only because you're mine and Alek took you away from me. Max was helping me. He doesn't like you. It was just a cover up." They put a cloth over my mouth. Right before I black out, I suddenly recognize who the voice belongs to ..

Blake.

I jump up with a start, hitting my head on something above me in the process. I groan and rub my head. I look up to see it's just a piece of wood sticking out above me. After a few minutes, I realize it's a bunk bed. I guess the drugs just had to wear off. I swing my legs off the bed and stand up. Dizziness sweeps over me and I have to hold onto the bed and close my eyes. I walk to the door and oddly, it opens. I smile and walk out into the corridor.

I check tons of doors, but they all seem to be locked. Why wasn't mine? Did they want it unlocked on purpose? I get to a dead end, but there's still another door left. I rattle the knob, and it opens. I peek inside and see a man about a couple years older than me sitting at a desk. His head jerks up and he looks at me in surprise. "Where did you come from?" He asks.

"Um, my mom?" He chuckles and motions for me to come in. I move in a bit and stand there feeling more than a little bit awkward.

"Well, sit down." I hesitantly sit in the leather chair in front of his desk. "Now, who are you?"

"My name is Ar-.. Arya Widmore." I don't want a stranger to know my name. That could end up badly.

He just stares at me. "You and I both know that's not your name. You'll tell me when you want to, I suppose. So for now, nice to meet you Arya."

I raise an eyebrow but don't say anything. "How old are you Arya?"

I'm about to answer with 18, but I notice that a lot of time has passed. "Um, I'm not exactly sure. What month is it?"

He scrunches his eyebrows together. "May .. 13,"

"I'm 19 then." I say.

"Tell me your story. Who are you really, Arya?"

I hesitate. I decide I don't really give a crap because he will find out sooner or later. "My name is Aria Willows and I'm 19 years old. I was born on April 21 in West Virginia. My mom died when I was 13 so I had to go live with my dad. My father's wife was terrible. She and her daughter hated me and treated me terribly.

"My father never believed me. I was going nowhere with my life until he came along. He made my life exciting, but for good or bad I don't know yet. Now if I may ask, who are you?"

He smirks. "My name is Bennett Shepherd and I'm 23 years old. I was born September 19 in Arizona. I'm the Alpha of the Red Moon pack and I'm wondering how you got on my land without being killed." He folds his hands in front of him, awaiting my answer. I tell him what I remember and he watches me closely.

"Well, I guess you can stay here for awhile. You're a rogue, aren't you?"

"A what?" I ask.

"What pack are you from?" He says as if I'm the most idiotic person on this world.

Pack? Where have I heard that? .. Pack! He thinks I'm a werewolf? Can't he smell that I'm a vampire?

"Um .. I'm not a werewolf. I'm a vampire."

"Oh. It seems that you are both, then. You come from a strong line of werewolves and vampires. It seems that you are the Chosen."

- You guys are probably going crazy. What's the Chosen? Guess we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out. I know as much as what's going to happen next as you do. Anyways, this may turn out to be the last chapter in this book. I know I'm going to end this book soon, though. Yes, there will be a sequel as long as you'll read it. Okay. You know the drill. Vote, fan, comment!

I love you, stay strong, stay perfect, you're worth it.

-Haley