Chapter 57

The last few weeks have been chaotic, leading into the winter formal whilst dealing with exams before holiday break, and Calum and I's one-month anniversary happening, which we actually spent very calmly in my living room and watching Netflix, snuggled into each other's arms.

Our anniversary was kind of shitty apparently and I honestly was fine with it because I didn't see the point in celebrating only making a month with the boy whom I loved when I had an entire life time planned to celebrate us being together, but Calum always being indifferent about my view, did see a point in it even if he didn't voice it to me verbally.

I knew he did because for some reason, he's into all this relationship stuff I honestly know nothing of and have very little experience of. I don't get it from time to time, but I live to please him in every way imaginable, so me being the love sick puppy I am when it comes to my boyfriend I promised him, against his false swears that he didn't care what we did, that I would indeed make it up to him in the best way known possible. A promise in which I did plan on keeping after winter formal because as of right now, my top priority is making our first dance together special, knowing the winter formal means so much to him.

The last two days were spent being forced against my will to help set up for formal alongside Ashton, Cooper and Louis, which didn't really end well at all. We mostly messed around the huge gymnasium while other upperclassmen began recreating it into an unrecognizable hall.

It's now Tuesday, December 23rd, the day before winter formal, when Ashton and I decide on going tuxedo shopping with the only female trustable with our lack of knowledge on the attire-Quinn.

I hadn't planned on wearing a suit at all. I planned on attending the dance tomorrow in black skinny jeans and a white button up, but Calum wasn't hearing it at all when I told him my plans, and after hours of him silently pleading with me to get a suit, I told him I would as I kissed him on the lips softly, explaining how lucky he is I love him.

"I'll never understand why you two decided to wait a day before the dance to get suits," Quinn laughs, driving onto the highway. "You guys save everything for last minute."

"Calum's making Luke wear a suit," Ashton mocks, nudging me with his elbow, "and Luke, being the whipped boyfriend he is, decided to go along willingly."

"Shut up, Irwin. I could say the same thing about you," I laugh, pushing him down the opposite side of the backseat away from me.

"I'm not as bad as you. I don't even think Harry's as bad as you," he laughs, causing Quinn to join in to stop the two of us like a mother telling her two children to shut up.

"Harry isn't even bad. You guys are horrible," she yells seriously, cracking at the end and laughing.

"He's been so whipped since freshman year. You could tell him to rob a bank for you and honestly, I would be surprised if he didn't," Ashton laughs loudly, causing me to laugh more at his laugh than the joke.

"This is exactly why he doesn't like any of you."

"I think we all know that isn't why he doesn't like us," Ashton says seriously, causing me to glare at him with annoyance for subtly trying to bring up such a topic unknowingly.

"Both of you, shut up, or I'm taking you to the dollar store to pick up suits," Quinn demands, turning up the radio and shutting us both up quickly, knowing we need to get real suits to please our significant others.

As the music blared through the car, Ashton and I looked at each other, knowing we just got on Quinn's bad side for the remainder of the day.

I haven't told either of them about the visit my grandmother paid me weeks ago, and just by Quinn's reaction of Ashton's small comment, I don't think I'll be telling her about my grandmother's harsh words about her any time soon.