Chapter 34

Calum's POV*

I'm awakened by lips lightly touching mine and a body beginning to straddle me, trying to shift in a comfortable position.

"Lukeee," I mumble as I feel a pair of cold hands lifting my shirt up.

"Lucas," I say sternly, opening my eyes and fully waking from my once peaceful sleep.

"Yes?" he questions innocently as he kisses down my chest and I struggle to hold back a moan.

"Did you wake up in a mood or something?"

"Yes. I had a dream about you and I can't help it," he informs as a low moan escapes my lips.

Lifting his chest up, his lips attach to mine again and then release our hold to look at my neck.

Using his fingers, he traces the now fading hickey he once so proudly placed there a few short days ago.

"It's fading. We can't have that," he smirks and attaches his lips to my neck, sucking lightly, causing another moan to escape my lips.

His sucking gets harder and rougher and soon, I can't help the growing pain in my pants from the desire I possess for him.

Slowly, Luke realizes my growing bulge for him and he begins to grind his hips on my lower region, creating friction between him and my bulge, making me a moaning mess as a faint knock at the door comes and I quickly grow silent in my tracks.

Luke looks at me annoyed and my expression matches his.

I cough a little to try and cover my voice as I begin to ask who's at the door, and Luke begins to laugh at me quietly at the way my voice cracked at the end.

Rolling my eyes at him, he kisses my cheeks lightly, letting his body fall completely on me as if I'm the actual bed mattress.

"Calum, what the fuck are you doing in the guest room of Luke's house? Where the fuck is Luke?" An annoying voice yells behind the door and Luke's off me within seconds. I've never seen him move so fast and I don't know what I should feel but hurt obviously evident in my facial expression as Luke glances at me before leaving the room and making sure the door's closed behind him as he goes to talk to Tyler.

Getting up from the bed quietly, I go to make the bed, knowing this was my last night here.

I know I'm going to have to face my mother someday, so I might as well get it done and over with.

Questions keep lingering my mind at the different scenarios that can take place once I finally confront her about it all, and none of them are positive. Thoughts of her hitting me again come into play, thoughts of her kicking me out, thoughts of her moving back to California and leaving me here behind. Any possible thing I've feared for the last couple weeks could possibly happen and I don't know how to feel about it all.

I feel scared. I feel as if I'm some scared little boy, and I hate it. I hate this feeling so much. The feeling of worthlessness creeps into me and this feeling is way too familiar to me to deny it. At this point, I would consider these feelings friends, but I don't want to go there. I can't go there, not again.

After fixing up the bed and folding the white sheets, I sit sideways with my back against the wall, staring at the door Luke left through minutes ago.

I hear Tyler's loud, annoying voice and I know the conversation has changed from them to Luke and I. Instead of Tyler questioning their so-called relationship, he's questioning mine and Luke's so-called unknown blossoming friendship? I think he just said, I'm not really sure. I can't hear Luke's responses, his voice being way too low and inaudible to make out as of right now, but I hear the distaste in Tyler's tone.