Chapter 46 (2)

(A/N~ for those of you still unable to read the update here's the unprivated one so you can. The chapter is basically over all the same, but the foul wording is worded differently so you all can read it. I just want you all able to read it because this one is an important one. Unfortunately, even when I did re-edit the last one it's still private until wattpad look further into and that's completely out of my hands as much as I tried. So until then all of you who couldn't read the update please enjoy and all of you who read yesterday ily and thank you because your feedback kept me sane. There's going to be another update Sunday/Monday if you were wondering by the way)

My cries become louder with every passing second as different people begin to gather around, looking at me as if I'm insane. The walls seem to be closing in on me and I don't know what to feel, how to feel, but insanity is the one I can grasp.

Hearing a familiar voice through the crowd surrounding me, I see a woman pushing through the bunch. Her black hair is in a high ponytail and the white nurse uniform she wore was nicely fitted with the name tag labeled, "Barbra."

"Get away from him! All of you are a bunch of idiots!" she yells, lifting me from the floor while my cries become whimpers as I feel my body slowly beginning to shut down.

"Who is he?" Countless people ask and she shakes them off, bringing me down the hallway.

Barbra leads me down endless hallways until we reach a completely different wing of the hospital. This one is more lively. Patients seemed to be interacting with others such as family members, doctors and other patients with somewhat smiles of hope upon their faces. She sits me down in the uncomfortable blue waiting chairs in front of room 32 while doctors pass by the two of us, staring at me curiously, most likely questioning my sanity.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I stutter out angrily. "She was dying and you didn't even tell me. I didn't even get to say good bye," I let out barely audibly. The tears begin to stream down again uncontrollably once more.

I've spent this whole weekend sulking in my room with the occasional interruption of Steven asking me if I'm okay when he knows I'm beyond it. I could've spent that time here with my mother, spending her last hours with her instead of in my room crying over a teenage boy who just doesn't give a fuck.

Barbra crouches down to the ground, placing her hands on my knee and looking up at me caringly. Over the course of the last few weeks, she's been nothing but kind to me through all this shit and I don't know what really came over me with my tone of voice at her a few seconds ago, hurt being the only thing I can understand.

"Honey, she isn't dead," she says softly and I stare at her astonished, not believing a word she says, shock overtaking me.

"She's alive, hun. Your mom's getting better. I promised you she'd get better. Her injuries aren't fatal or critical, therefore we removed her from the intensive care unit over the weekend because she's in no condition to be there anymore."

"No."

"She's behind that door if you don't believe me," Barbra says kindly, pointing at the door behind her right in front of me.

Wiping my eyes, I steady my breathing as I lift myself from the chair, stumbling a bit on my own, causing Barbra to help me regain full balance until I can successfully stand on my own moments later. Everything's taking such a strong toll on me. I feel numb. For minutes on end, I thought my mother had been taken from me and I can't even begin describe the kind of pain I felt within those minutes.

Walking slowly to the door, my hand grips the knob reluctantly before I twist it, opening the door a little.

Before I begin to go further in, I look back at Barbra who's encouragingly ushering me to go in and I do just that, sliding into the room and then quietly closing the door behind me.