Chapter 18

CALUM'S POV

When the bell rang signaling math was over, I ran out of the class and to English in one swift movement. I honestly wanted to be anywhere but school. I'm sitting here in English not caring two shits about the Shakespeare we're reading. English is the worst subject of them all and it's the only non-honors class I take since I'm really horrible at it.

I couldn't even focus on the article we were supposed to be analyzing. I had way more important things on my mind. Thoughts of the events that occurred more than 60 minutes ago flooded my mind. Tyler is obviously a clingy, jealous ass, fucking prick. I can't stand him and the way he latches himself onto Luke. Luke doesn't even like him, I would assume. I don't even know why I didn't stand up for myself back there. I should've spoke my mind and told his stupid ass off. "But you didn't," my mind chimes in. But why? Why hadn't I? I had no idea why. When Tyler words escaped his mouth, they instantly made grow weak with sadness even though his words were nothing but lies.

Luke did want me there. He invited, practically begged me himself, to go. Too bad no one knew that. The weak feeling of sadness began to creep on me again.

"Don't you ever wonder why Luke didn't tell anyone he invited you?Because he's embarrassed of you," my mind says as I wonder stupidly why Luke told no one. My mind was right for once. I wasn't necessarily "cool" enough to hang out with Luke, I guess. I wasn't cool, but I wasn't an outcast either. People distant themselves from me for being the new kid and the new target of Michael, Tyler, Ashton, and Luke.

Am I Luke's target? I wonder to myself. There are times where we act like normal friends, times when he's trying to be flirty and you secretly like it, my mind mocks. And times when we're at each other's throats. I don't understand why I overanalyze my life's problems and the people in it when I should be analyzing this damn Shakespeare article.

Books falling to the ground next to me completely snapping me out of my distraught state of mind. I look to the side of my desk to see what exactly has happened. I see a curly haired brunette-headed boy bending over in his chair to pick up his fallen book, but failing miserably. Me being me, I bend over and pick it up for him. Our fingers brush, but I feel nothing. His skin is cold against mine and I quickly look up with the book in hand.

He looks up and pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose preventing them from falling. He shoots me a thankful smile when he realized I picked up his book.

"You dropped this, man," I say kindly while handing the book to him.

"Thanks. I couldn't get it and I didn't want to fully get up," he says while pushing himself up in his chair properly again. "I'm Harry, by the way. Harry Styles," He coos while shooting me another bright smile.

"I'm Calum, Calum Hood," I say while shaking his hand.

"I know. You're the new kid."

"That's my rep around here, isn't it?" I laugh quietly not wanting to get the teacher's attention.

"Yeah, that and for being Luke's new boyfriend. I hated Tyler anyway. He's an asshole. You're better for Luke," Harry says like it's nothing and the most easiest thing that has ever escaped his mouth.

My face falls. "I'm not gay. Luke and I are not even friends, let alone dating," I say sadness evidently clear in my voice. We all know one of those is a lie and the other two you wouldn't mind happening, my mind mocks me.

"Oh, I'm sorry. That's what's just going around," he says apologetically. "If it makes you feel any better, you'd be too good for Luke anyway. Guy's an asshole at times, especially when around his friends."