Chapter 51

Luke's POV*

I'm completely sure this school doesn't understand that Thanksgiving hasn't even passed yet by the looks of the Christmas decorations and winter formal posters already plastered all over the building. It's now Tuesday, two days before we go off into Thanksgiving break, but by the looks of this place, you'd think it was the middle of December.

Although, I don't think I really should be complaining because here I am, in line to buy winter formal tickets, while gaining whispers and dirty glances from everyone around me. I don't go to dances, never have, not even with Michael, so it's probably a shock to everyone that I'm in line for these two useless pieces of paper about 4 weeks ahead of time, but this is what Calum wants and in the last couple of days, I've seemed to find myself ready to practically do anything to make the boy happy as can be because his happiness brings me this odd feeling of happiness in that weird way that only ever gets mentioned in movies and books fictionally.

I'm surprised by how fast Thanksgiving's come this year actually. The days have been coming and going in flashes since I've asked Calum to officially be my boyfriend.

The two of us have been almost inseparable, almost as if we're in this fantasy world where it's only us, where we only matter. And sadly, we both know sooner or later we're going to have to snap out of it but I'm not ready for that just yet because I'm still in eternal shock he even said yes.

I know of his conflicting feelings for Michael and I know of all his past troubles with relationships, which makes it all even harder to process or even believe he actually agreed to a relationship with me of all people. Calum just didn't give me a yes. He gave me his trust. After countless times of betraying his trust and giving him every reason not to, he's given it to me again willingly and I don't want him to regret it.

The line began moving up when suddenly, my phone decided to vibrate in my pocket and a body came pushing me roughly out of line before I quickly got back in it, turning to see just exactly who caused it. Michael.

His thin green hair comes into full view as his wide grin caught me before he turned in place and continued to walk down the hall.

A few seconds later, another body came pushing into me out of line. Their hand smacked my ass hard while passing. Tightening my fist trying to restrain on punching whoever was the culprit this time, I turned back in line casually, looking for who could have done it this time, hoping it wasn't Michael.

I looked around and tried desperately not to anger myself, possibly over nothing but a slip of a hand, while steadying my breathing once my eyes lock with Tyler's for the first time in weeks. I stood there, in the middle of the line frozen in place, as little flashbacks in my head I've been trying to keep tucked away played out. Moments of him pushing me up against a room wall forcefully, roughly stroking my groin rapidly while pinning me onto a bed against my screams, begging him to stop.

Tyler eyes me up and down, licking his lips before biting down on the bottom one, walking away pleased. Watching him walk further, he meets up to Michael at the end of the hall, the pair eyeing me as if they want to start something. And as much as I feel the need to go punch the both of them in the face, I can't. My stomach falls as more flashbacks of Tyler's aggressive touch plays out, causing me to shiver in disgust and blanking out completely from my surrounding.

I hear laughter escape the both of them while they turn the corner and a female voice calling out for me, snapping me back into reality and releasing me from the memories of Halloween night.

"Luke? C'mon, you're next," Quinn says, smiling up at me worriedly. "Are you okay?" she asks while I look in the direction that once held Michael and Tyler, making sure they're now gone. I knew the pair wanted to start something, but I wasn't going to give in even if I was capable of it. Michael wants nothing more than to make me out to be the monster everyone thinks I am, that I think I am.