Chapter 14

"We need to get home, Vanessa. My mom is dying to see you," I try to say calmly without showing my worry.

"We just got here! C'mon, let 's go exploring. I bet you've hardly seen anything. It's just a cave. No harm done, right?"

"Right." I say. No, there is a lot of harm that can be done. This is Luke's special place. He brought me here, to the pit. And here I stand, about to take Vanessa there. Fuck. I groan to myself. I didn't even know where this place was, let alone how to get here, so how the fuck did I? God must really not like me.

"C'mon, Cal!" Vanessa demands more than ask while being almost in the cave. I quickly follow down the so familiar stone path into the cave. I have no idea how exactly to get to the pit. Luke did.

While we were in the caves narrow walkway of multiple tunnels, Vanessa pushed me up against a rocky wall and kissed me aggressively. I stood there in shock, not kissing back. This continued on for a couple minutes before she finally realized I wasn't reacting. In response, she tugged my hair and I kissed her back slowly trying to get her away from me by pushing her off gently. She held a tight grip on me and my hair, pushing her body closer to me. Her hand grazed my groin and went back to my hair. But no reaction down there occurred. The kiss broke off and I took that as my chance to break away from her. I pushed her off again this time succeeding before she could realize she hadn't gotten the reactions she would've wanted from me down there.

It's not that I'm not attracted to Vanessa, she was actually really nice. Nice boobs, nice ass, really aggressive and needy when it comes to sexual things. But I've always lacked interest. My lack of interest towards her that way seemed to grow in California and when I left it was at its peak and I was somewhat grateful I wouldn't see her everyday so she wouldn't be able to pounce on me in a janitor's closet. She's really desperate and needy for sex. God knows why.

"Come on, can we just leave?" I say while fixing my shirt.

"Am I ugly, Calum?"

"No." I began to look everywhere but her, feeling as if she's going to accuse me of being something I'm not and never will be, gay. I don't even know who I'm trying to convince more, myself or her at this point.

To my surprise, she dropped the conversation completely and we began walking down a path in the cave tunnels. Hopefully, we won't find the pit. I won't be able to bear with the guilt inside me if Vanessa finds Luke's special place he's only ever shown me. Wait. I scratch the back of my head in confusion and anger. What if Luke hasn't only brought me here? What if he brings all his "guy friends" here? He lied. I know he did; he probably told Tyler the same thing. He probably brought Tyler and fucked him on the sand right next to the pit for fuck sakes. Anger rages through me and I don't even understand why. I feel Vanessa's hand wrap around mine leading me down another stone path in the cave tunnels. Me suddenly not giving a fuck if he finds it or not.

LUKE'S POV

I grunt loudly while tugging at my hair, while sitting in the center of the pit. Sand all around me and the water hitting the stones creating a peaceful harmony. Everything is always so calming here. It's such a nice place to unwind and let everything go. I've been her since Calum's mom caught me laying in bed with her son. I wonder if Calum remembers anything from last night. I wonder if he actually cares about what happened last night.

Parts of me wants to care about what happened, then parts of me are just telling myself to go fuck Tyler out of spite or reflex. But why spite? It's not like I have feeling for Calum. He's interesting, I'll give the kid that, but he's probably just like the rest of them. Confused, wanting to experiment, innocent. Just like Tyler is--well, was.