Chapter 15

The drive home was long and silent. I really didn't know how to get to my house from the pit. Therefore, I couldn't help it at all when we got lost. During the whole thing, Vanessa sat silent. I was in no mood for her and I think she could tell by the way I raised my voice at her when she asked if I was lost in a mocking tone.

I'm on edge. She's put me through so much today. She's re-opened wounds that I've been trying to keep hidden away. She accused me of being gay. She's ruined any possible chance of a friendship between Luke and I. Luke. My stomach begin to churn as I pull onto my street still in thought, but still focused in the road ahead.

My stomach still churning, the unwanted feeling forming in my stomach. My lips start to quiver, and a lump forms in my throat. I don't really know if I'm gonna let out a dramatic cry for Luke or throw up. I pull the car on the side of the road. Vanessa shoots me a confusing look, but I completely ignore her and quickly get out the car. Once on the pavement, I throw up my guts. Well, not really, just the remaining acohol in my system. I slump down on the pavement, sitting on my bum when I'm finally done throwing up. My head suddenly feels lighter, like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. When in reality, more weight was added. I sighed as my phone began to buzz. It buzzed once, but I ignored it, then again, and again. I groaned loudly and looked at my phone. Text messages from my mother. Typically, my phone buzzed again. This time it not being my mother, but Luke.

I ignored my mother's messages and swiped my finger across Luke's name on the screen.

Luke; I left my sweater. I'll be there around 10:30 to get it.

I grew angry. I was supposed to go to his house at 10:30, now he'd only come to get his sweater and leave. No conversation with me at all. Maybe he just really didn't like me.

I responded back. "so I can't come over at 10:30? Ya' know, to talk about last night. I don't remember a thing" I hit send and felt bad seeing that I remember most things but not everything.

My phone buzzed again.

Luke; No you can't. There's no point it's a waste of breath. Yesterday never happened, we're not friends, we hardly even know each other. See you at 10:30.

I knew I was right. There was way more hidden meaning behind his words at the pit. A lump grew in my throat again, this time not signaling throwing up. I brought my knees to my chest and held onto them tightly. I dropped my head on my knees and softly cried. I don't understand why I am crying. Who gives a fuck if Luke wants nothing to do with me? Fuck him, I don't care. He's just some blonde white rich wannabe badass. Shut up, Calum. You know exactly why this is hurting you, my mind retorts. I push all those thoughts in the back of my heading because I know for a fact they're not true.

My soft crying comes to a stop the minute I hear Vanessa call my name.

"C'mon, Cal. I'm tired."

"You're tired?" I mumble to myself so she can't hear me.

I pick myself up off the pavement and wipe my face with my shirt to put up some type of act to show I wasn't just about to completely break out into full hysterics.

I made my way back to the car in silence, completely avoiding the fact that I just threw up on the pavement.

I pull the car off the side of the road and drive again. This time no stops, no talking. Dead silent. The only thing making noise are the cars around us on the street and the sound of us both breathing. I'm annoyed and shockingly hurt and I don't want to deal with anything or Vanessa anymore. I don't understand anything. I know I don't want to be with her, but I can't just break up with her. Especially not with her visiting.