Bonus chapter: 88

one year later

An arm wrapped around my waist from behind pulling me to his chest. He put his chin on my shoulder as I laid my head back into his chest. "You ready princess?"

I nodded and sighed inhaling his scent. He always smelled so good. "Yeah, I think so."

He turned his head and kissed my cheek. "We better go out there then."

I nodded my head. He moved to stand next to me and grabbed my hand. Together we walked to the double doors and stood in front of them. When they opened we walked out on the stage in front of the crowd of people. "Ladies and gentlemen please welcome Mrs. Sydney Di' Medici King and her husband Jason King." We smiled, well I smiled, and waved to the crowd as we walked up to the announcer. She smiled at me and handed me a huge pair of scissors. "Now Sydney will cut the ceremonial ribbon with the help of her husband."

We walked down to the ribbon and I held the scissors in my hand. Jason went behind me and helped me hold the unnecessarily huge scissors. "Ready?" I nodded. "1. 2."

"3." whispered Jason. Together we cut the ribbon inciting cheers from the crowd. I smiled at the crowd. Jason kissed my cheek at the same time a camera snapped our photo.

Jason let go of me as the announcer handed me the microphone. I smiled and looked out towards the crowd of people and tv cameras. "Hello everyone. As you all know I am Sydney Di' Medici King and I would like to personally welcome you all to the opening of the Connor Di' Medici Black home for underprivileged children. This home will provide a bed and three meals a day to any child in need of one. I decided to open this home because I was a foster child. My brother and I moved from foster home to foster home for seven years after our parents died. And although I am forever grateful for the families who took us in there were sometimes when we did not wish to stay in the home we were in. We needed a safe no questions asked place to stay and this is that place."

After my speech, the reporters started calling my name to ask me questions. "Mrs.King when did you first plan this project?"

"The planning for this project started a little after I gave birth to my daughter Regina." I looked over to my friends and saw that upon hearing her name my baby girl looked up and smiled at me.

"Mrs. King Mrs.king is it true your brother was murdered by your ex-boyfriend, Dante Summers?" Asked a different reporter.

Jason growled as he stepped forward only to stop when I grabbed his forearm. "It is, unfortunately, true that my brother did die but the cause of his death is unknown. Now if you don't mind I don't wish to answer any more demeaning questions about my brother."

"Mrs.king will you and your husband pose for a few pictures?"

I nodded. "Of course." Jason wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me to his side. I placed a hand on his chest and smiled as they took our picture. From the corner of my eye, I saw Antonio slip from Amelia's hold as he started running to us. I giggled and met up with him halfway picking him up in my arms. Madi came over and handed Regina to Jason. We posed for a few more pictures with the kids before the four of us went inside.

In the foyer of the home was a framed picture of my brother and I. I walked up to it and smiled. It was a picture of the two of us at our high school graduation. Connor was wearing a pair of black jeans and a light blue buttoned up shirt. I was wearing a simple dark blue long sleeve dress. He had his arm wrapped around me and the two of us were smiling at the camera. "Mamma is that zio Connor?"

I nodded. "Si bambino that's your uncle. He was my big brother, I loved him very much."

He smiled and leaned over to look at Regina. Jason walked in front of me and Antonio so Regina was right in front of him. "Regina is your little sister Antonio. It's gonna be your job to protect her like I protect your mom."

"Are you gonna to protect your sorellina?" I asked him.

He nodded. "Si sempre."

I kissed the back of his head. I set him down on the ground as Jason put Regina down on one of the chairs. Antonio climbed up on the chair and sat with her. Regina started talking to him in a mix between Italian and English. She was only a year old but she's a prodigy so she learned language faster. Jason came up and pulled me to him by my waist. "I'm so proud of you princess."

"You think I did good?" I asked.

He nodded and kissed my forehead. "This place is going to be perfect." He brought his hand up and touched my cheek. "Your parents would be so proud of you. Connor would be so proud of you princess."

I leaned into his hand closing my eyes. I turned my head and kissed his palm. "Ti amo Amore."

He leaned down and kissed my lips softly. His forehead rested against mine. "I love you too princess."

He went behind me and held me to him as I looked at our picture. This place is going to be a safe home for children who need it. There are forty bedrooms with two beds in each room with room for more beds if needed. The kids will be taken in, no questions asked. Whether they have no home or they are running from their home, they will be welcomed. My brother's name will be a beacon for lost children like we were and hopefully, we can help those kids find their way like I did.

***********************************************************************************************

Hope you all like this bonus chapter! Make sure to vote and comment! I hope you are all having an amazing super fun winter break!