40

Jason's POV

We stood there in silence, neither one of us knowing what to say. I walked around to the back of the couch, took a step towards her, then backed away. "Ar-are you real?"

She nodded. "Yeah, I'm real." 

"S-so you're back?"

She nodded again. "Yeah I'm back"

"Where-where have you been?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Don't worry about it." she looked around the room and back at me. "What have you been doing to yourself, Jason?"

"I went back to the house and we all went to sleep. The next morning Chris never brought you back. I went to the Grays, Jackson said you went home. I checked the Fields house and every hotel and airport. Yo-you were gone."

"I thought you would move on; forget about me"

"Forget you?" I whispered. "How could I ever forget you? Move on from you?" I started walking to her to which she backed away. I tilted my head in confusion. "What is it?"

She looked down at the ground and played with her fingertips. "I may be back, bu-but I can't quite forgive you just yet," she said still looking down.

"Hey... look at me,"I said gently. She raised her head and her beautiful hazel eyes locked with my eyes. "I understand. We'll go slow and I'll just have to win you over the right way."

She nodded and smiled slightly "yeah I'd like that"

"Okay," I said softly. I continued looking at her, studying her face.

She chuckled nervously and twirled her hair nervously. "Well umm I'm going to get some food, you should go shower cause it looks like you haven't in a week."

I shook my head and rolled my eyes. "I don't look that bad."

She smiled and giggled. " yeah you kinda do." man do I love her laugh and her smile.

"Alright you go eat, I'll go get cleaned up." she nodded and walked out of the room. I sighed and walked into the bathroom.

Sydney's Pov

I walked out of the room, shutting the door behind me and leaning against it. He did not look like the same guy I left behind. Just looking at him I saw he wasn't trying. He didn't care, he gave up. All because I left, he was like this because of me. I took in a breath and pushed myself off the door. I walked down the stairs and into the living room where everyone was sitting. Chris and Madi were sitting next to each other holding hands, Amelia was sitting next to them with her feet set on the coffee table, and Sam was sitting on Sean's lap on one of the recliners.

As I walked in Amelia looked up at me and smiled. "Hey, sweetie. How'd it go?"

I smiled. "Umm fine, we talked. Where's Connor?" I asked.

"He went back to the Fields," said Chris. "Said he had some explaining to do and that he'd call later tonight."

I nodded and sat down next to Amelia on the couch. "Syd?"

I turned to Amelia. "What?"

She sighed and took my hands in hers. "Sweetie I think it's time."

I scrunched my face up in confusion. "Time for what?" I asked.

"I think you need to tell them, they deserve to know."

"What are you talking about?" she shot me a look telling me I knew exactly what she was talking about. "OH... that."

"Yeah, that."

Madi popped in raising her hand. "Yeah what are we talking about? What's 'that'?" she asked making quotations around the word 'that' with her fingers.

I took in a breath and released it slowly. "Meels you're right. I'll uh I'll tell them when Jason gets down here."

"Well, I'm here." I turned my head to see Jason standing in the doorway of the living room. "Tell us what?"

"Everything"

***********************************************************************************************

Yay two updates in a day! Hey, everyone, would Y'all do me a favor? I can't decide if I want to enter this story into the #wattys2018. please, it would help me a lot if you would comment below if I should or shouldn't enter this story in the wattys. Thanks for the help and I hope you have a great weekend!

YES to wattys

NO to wattys