#10 - Close As Strangers (song)

#10 – Close As Strangers (song)

Michael's POV

"Six weeks since I've been away

And now you're sayin' everything has changed

And I'm afraid that I might be losing you"

I pick up my phone and dial Y/N's number, which I have memorized perfectly. She picks up after a few seconds and I hear her angelic voice speak.

"Hi Michael!" I can already imagine the beautiful smile on her face.

"Hey babe... how are you? I am so sorry I haven't called you these past days, I've just been so busy, this is our first tour and-""It's ok Michael!" she cuts me off. There's a silence before I speak up again.

"Are you, REALLY ok?" I ask her, hoping for a yes or an of course. But no, it's been six weeks since I left her back home for tour. I promised to call every day, but I just couldn't make it. I feel so terrible and it's not making it any better when I hear Y/N cry on the other side.

 "Oh baby..." I try to comfort her and not cry myself.

"Sorry" she whispers, "I just really, REALLY miss you Michael" she sniffs.

"I know and I miss you too, but it's just..." I try to say something that won't make her anymore upset, but if I say that it's only a few months left, it probably won't make it any better.

"Just that..." she whispers, still sniffing. Oh God, when she cries I feel like crying.

"I don't know, but what I know is that we'll make it through! Just be strong baby and I will too, I love you" I say smiling to myself. I really hope she feels a bit better now.

"But what if everything has changed when you come back?" she asks me, making me confused.

"What do you mean?" I question, feeling my heart beat faster. Now I am scared, maybe I should have made more time to her...

"I mean, maybe you find a prettier, smarter and nicer girl on tour, or maybe you find out you're tired of me and kinda don't feel free or some-""Y/N" I say, stricter than I was supposed to, but I made her at least silent.

"I love you and please never doubt that. You're the only girl I have my eyes on and you mean the world to me and I know you feel the same too. So please love, don't talk or think like that, ok?" I try my best to convince her to not worry. She means the world to me and nothing is ever going to change that.

"Ok, Michael. I love you but I have to go. Do you have time to call me tonight?" She finally says. I think for a second before I nod, oh, she can't see me I forgot.

"Yes babe, I promise to call you tonight." I answer her.

"Then I'll talk to you later...love you" She says before she hangs up. Damn, I put my phone in my pocket and just sit there with my face in my hands. Maybe she has found someone else? No... she just can't. That would definitely break my heart.

"Late night calls and another text

Is this as good as we're gonna get?

Another time zone taking me away from you"

Three months since I left for tour. I check my phone once again, no text or call from Y/N. We haven't talked so much lately. I've just been so busy and she is working. I really don't know anymore, maybe it's her? Maybe she is the one who is tired of me?

I check my phone again and I finally see what I've been waiting for, a text. I quickly unlock my phone and open the text from Y/N.

"Miss you"

I text "Miss you so much baby" back and just throw my phone away. That's the only thing she says to me after five days? Miss you? I mean I am happy she texted me, but I just wish she could have texted "Call me" or at least a heart or something I mean... I just really miss her and I want her next to me. I am scared. Maybe she has found someone else.

I see my phone on the other side of the room the screen light up, probably a new text from Y/N...or no, she is calling!

I get up and run towards my phone and pick up.

"Hi babe, sorry did I wake you up? I know it's late where you are but I just wanted to hear your voice" I finally hear her beautiful voice say. Five days is a long time for a person who is used to be with someone special 24/7.

"No, of course not. I wanted to talk to you before I went to sleep, so I stayed up" I tell her.

"Ohh no, Michael!" You need to sleep!" She says worried. "I am so sorry for not calling"

"It's ok, I am sorry too" I almost whisper, realizing how tired I actually am.

"I just wanted to say I love you so much and I really can't wait to see you. Good night, sweet dreams Michael" Y/N says before she just hangs up. Oh why? Another time zone taking me away from you.

"6 months since I went away

I didn't know everything has changed

But tomorrow I'll be coming back to you"

I haven't talked to Y/N since last week, or exactly nine days ago. Yes I count days. I don't even know if she knows that I'm coming home tomorrow. Well, she has to know. Or else I'll be stuck at the airport.

I text her one more time before I put my phone down and play some random melodies on my guitar. I can't really believe it's been six whole months since I saw her. Since I touched her, held her hands, hugged her tight and kissed her. And most of all, I can't believe I'll see her tomorrow. Finally, I'll be able to hold her again.

I look over at my phone and check the time, only to find something better. A text from Y/N. I smile and unlock the phone. I've sent so many messages, but not really got any text back these past nine days, so this really made my day.

"Everything has changed, sorry" 

What? I read the text over and over again. What does she mean? I feel my heart sink as I put my phone and guitar away. I get up and find a cab. Everything has changed? I am supposed to come home tomorrow and finally be able to smile again. Now I don't know if I ever will be able to.

A/N Woah..I finally updated:o I hope you liked this and please tell me what you think:) Only takes a sec to vote;) That would mean so much and thank you for all the votes/comments x I also have twitter now and I follow back:) @Heho99_ Ily guys, and until next time, bye x