#19 - He is ignoring you

"Morning" you smile and wave towards your fellow classmates. Most of them nod back or mumble "morning" back, except for your "best friend" Michael. He just sits there on his phone, not even looking up as he usually does when he hears your voice. Michael is your best friend, or he is supposed to be, but one day he started to ignore you out of nowhere. You've tried to ask him and his other friends why he is ignoring you, but Michael never says a word and his friends tells you that whenever they mention you in a conversation, he shuts his mouth and often walks away. In the beginning when he started this childish thing, you thought he did it just for fun, but now you know he is serious. Last time you talked to him was about two months ago.

"Morning Michael" you're standing right in front of Michael's desk, looking at the boy with colorful hair. As usual, he won't say a word. Every day you try to make him say something to you. You've said "morning" and "bye" every single day and during the day asked him questions or just tried to talk to him as you did before the whole "ignore Y/N" thing started.

You sigh and walk disappointed away. You knew that today wasn't going to be more special than any other, but you can't help yourself. This thing is really bothering you even though you won't show it. Michael was not only your best and closest friend, but he was also your crush. Maybe not crush, since you've liked him for about a year now and this stupid thing is killing you.

"He still won't talk to you?" Ashton asks you as you put your bag down and sit next to him. He is a good friend of both you and Michael.

"He can do whatever he wants, I don't care" you lie.

"Don't lie to me" Ashton pats your back, "I know you're hurting"

"Mhm..." you mumble, staring at Michael who is sitting a few seats away from you. His checkered blue and white shirt with "IDIOT" tagged on his back is the only thing you can see. You really miss the times when he offered you that one when you were cold. And how he would tell you those cheeky, stupid jokes which made you both laugh your asses off. And how could you forget those times when you were gaming on his PlayStation, fighting each other or the rest of the world together. Wow, you really miss him and these memories are like torture.

"I know he will talk to you again, you're his best friend and he was always so happy when he was hanging out with you" Ashton tries to cheer you up, but you know it's not going to happen. If Michael really misses you or cares about you just as much as you care about him, he would have talked to you or at least said a word by now.

"Thanks Ash, but I know he won't" you answer him with a slight smile before lying down on your desk, praying for Michael to turn his stupid brain on and realize how childish he is being.

...

You're tiredly walking up the stairs to your classroom with your black drawstring bag. Your last class was PE and you're on your way to your classroom to get your things and finally go home.

You enter the empty room, close the door, drink some water and look at your homework plan for the week. That's when the doorknob goes down and the one you've been dying to talk to walks in.

"Hi" you try to say, praying for an answer, but Michael only walks towards his seat and packs his bag. You sigh and look down at your plan again. What is wrong with him? He won't even say why he is doing this. You've been trying so damn hard for two whole months and you guys are supposed to be best friends! You look up at the boy who is breaking your heart more and more day after day. You've had enough.

"Michael" you bite your lip hard and walk up to the annoying boy.

"Tell me now, why are you doing this?" you ask him irritated, crossing your arms over your chest. You give him about a minute to answer, but the only thing he does, is looking at his books and bag.

"Michael, I am tired, like really tired. I don't understand why you're doing this. We're supposed to be best friends! You've always been there for me and I've always been there for you. Every day I am trying so damn hard to find out why you're acting like this towards only me. If I have done something, tell me! If something about me is bothering you, tell me! Now, please. I can't get you off my mind, you're literally breaking me!" you almost shout the last part and a tear rolls down your cheek.

Michael suddenly stops and finally locks his beautiful eyes with yours. Damn you've missed those so much.

"Say something..." you whisper while sobbing. The last thing you wanted to do was crying, but whatever, you can't hold it in anymore.

"I was ignoring you because..." you hear his angelic voice talk to you. He is looking at you and talking like he used to do before everything got messed up. Finally.

"Because..." you whisper, begging him to continue.

"I was falling in love with you" he looks down embarrassed, "I was slowly falling for you and I knew that we were just friends, so I thought that ignoring you and being like this would stop my feelings"

You're in shock. You can't believe his words. How can he be so stupid? A minute passes without any of you move a muscle or say a word. He just confessed to you after totally ignoring and ripping you apart for months.

"Michael" you manage to mumble before wiping your tears.

"Yeah..." he mumbles back still staring down at his feet.

"I hate you" you tell him. Michael looks up at you in shock.

"But I love you more" you run into him and hug him like crazy. You feel two arms slowly wrap themselves around you. Damn, you've missed his embrace so much.

He may be an idiot, but he is your idiot and you are his.

A/N Every read, vote and comment are highly appreciated! Thank you for 21k reads, I am happy you all are enjoying my imagines. I wrote this one in a hurry, so I am really sorry if my spelling or grammar was bad. Anyway, I take requests, so if you want a special imagine please tell me! Thank you x