#51 - Dancing

#51- Dancing

It happened again. You sigh loudly and rest your right cheek on the cold desk. He just walked right past you without even taking a glance your way. The school's library is filled with students and there's not a single table or chair not occupied by a butt. And still your classmate and crush Michael Clifford didn't even bother to consider the thought of asking you if he could sit down at the seat you secretly saved for him. Whenever someone walked up to you and asked if the seat was taken, you would say your friend was on his way.

You watch Michael walk around, searching for a place to sit down. Isn't he just stupid? Why did you fall for a guy you've only had a few conversations with? And he is more popular than you and you know better than falling for a popular guy! There are also quite a few girls after him, so why should you bother? Also he barely shows his good side... always slacking off, not being serious enough and using not too appropriate words when talking to girls.

You literally smash your face against the desk, feeling the pain hit you like a lighting strike. You rub your hurt nose and just sigh again. You can't help it. He was just so sweet to you the few times you've talked. Even though he is a popular guy and has lots of bitchy friends, he is still not a bad guy like them at all. And he even rejected the prettiest girl in your school! His friends told him he was a dumbass for letting a girl like that go, but he just shrugged and told them he thinks she is pretty, but not the girl for him.... And one time when you were walking home alone, suddenly on the way you realized the ring on your finger was gone. In panic, you looked around in the snow. The ring meant a lot to you and how it could suddenly disappear like that made you almost tear up. With no luck finding it, you were just standing there in the cold December weather, stuck between two decisions. Go home, warm yourself up and search tomorrow or go slowly back to the school and search now in the cold. Unable to decide what to do, someone just walked past you. It was Michael. Even though you're shy, you managed to call out for him. He quickly turned around and you walked up to him and asked if he may have seen a silver ring around here. He asked if you had lost it and you explained it all, trying your best to hold the tears back as the thought of it being gone forever hit you. That's when Michael showed you that guys can be the sweetest creatures in the whole wide world. He literally tried his very best to help you look for your precious lost item. He walked back with you, calmed you down and assured you the ring must be here somewhere. Even if you two didn't find it, you ended up finding the light in your life.

"Hey Y/N!" your good friend wakes you up from the sweet memory. She sits down at the seat you were saving for the guy who is currently walking around in the library like a lost puppy.

"Hey, your gym class is already over?" you ask her with your eyes still following Michael.

"Yeah... you have gym next, right?" she says and you look at her before she starts wondering who you have your eyes on.

"I have" you simply respond.

"Then you should look forward to it" she grins, clearly meaning the opposite of what she just said, "We had dance today and we have the same teacher, so I bet you are gonna shake your butt a bit too"

"NO!" You burst out. This can't be true. It's not like you dislike dancing... it's just embarrassing to dance in gym class. Especially since Michael's there...

"Oh YES!" Your friend says while grinning, enjoying seeing your You-got-to-be-kidding-me face, "Have fun!"

Before you knew it, thirty minutes had gone by and you were already done changing and on your way to the gymnasium. Before opening the door, a rather weird thought hit you. What if you're going to dance in pairs? Your stomach flips. What if you get to dance with Michael?