Chapter 1

January 2nd, 2011 9:15 AM... 

Miami, Florida.

--

"BABY YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD LIKE NOBODY ELSE, THE WAY THAT YOU FLIP YOUR HAIR GETS ME OVERWH-"

I rolled over sleepily as I turned my annoying phone alarm off. I slowly shifted my weight and settled down as I hugged a pillow to my chest. I knew I had to go to school today I honestly had no other choice.

Just five minutes please. 

Unfortunately five minutes turned into an hour....

My oh so loving and caring nanny casually walked in looking down at my motionless body spread across the bed and began shouting things I couldn't make out. Once I had woken up enough I heard her yell, "Get the fuck up Andrea! Don't start with me kid; you're going to be late. Your mother won't tolerate this."

Shit

"Jesus Christ Meredith. I'm up, I'm up, calm down." I belted as the shock wore off.

Once Meredith was halfway out the door she yelled something I couldn't understand at first.

After about a minute of sitting up I finally understood what that crazy woman was saying. Apparently Kelly had just arrived and was impatiently waiting for me, poor Kelly; we were always making each other late. I slowly and sleepily walked over to the bathroom taking a quick shower and getting dressed in a pair of loose fitting sweat pants and a black V-neck. Kelly ran up to meet me and began to complain about not wanting to be late again. We had some stupid AP English test today and our prick of a teacher, Mrs. Romero wouldn't allow us to make up the test if we missed it.

"Why are you wearing pink? It's not Wednesday. I can't be seen with you today, I'm sorry." I joked as I gently nudged Kelly's arm.

She playfully rolled her eyes, "Hey how long is your mom going to be out?"

I shrugged, "I'm not sure, I honestly didn't even know she was gone. She didn't tell me anything; guess it was last minute or something. I'll call her later tonight."

Honestly I was trying to convince myself that she actually cared. I've been living with Meredith basically all my life. She's pretty much taken the place of my mother, not because she doesn't care, but rather because she's an insanely famous Hollywood actress. Sadly I don't mean Hollywood, Florida I mean California. I don't understand why we live so far away from her work; I think it's because she wanted as much of my life to stay as normal as possible. My dad walked out on her a long time ago, she cheated on him with some famous guy. He's also famous, way more famous than my mom, but luckily no one knew I'm his daughter, he left before my mom knew she was pregnant so things were a lot easier. I don't even know if he's aware of my existence or not. My mom never talks about him, I don't even know his name.

We pulled up to the student parking lot just as Tazewell, the security guard was closing the gate.

"Girls you're late again. Mrs. Romero is going to have a conniption the minute you two walk in."

"Come on Taz help us out, she's going to kick us out." Kelly said blandly.

"Come on girls hurry up and park, I'll walk you in." I did as told, and we followed Taz towards the main building.

He knocked on the door three times. As the door opened everyone turned to stare at us.

Typical, teenagers can't mind their own fucking business to save their damn lives.

I'm not really the most social person; I honestly try and keep my distance from people. Everyone just ends up hurting you anyways, just look at my parents they can't get anything right.