Taehyung-Waste It On Me (Pt.2 of TOT)

A/N: This is part 2 of Taehyung-Trick Or Treat!

*inspired by the song

-

"This is your fifth date with him! I guess I really am Cupid." Your friend said dreamily, laying her arms out on her bed. You rolled your eyes, picking out anything you found free in your closet, "He keeps asking me and I don't have the heart to say no to someone like him."

She shot you a look, "Let's admit it. You like him."

Your ears turned slightly pink, "Okay. I do-"

Your friend started screaming, "YESSS!"

You put up a finger, "—but! I'm still in college. Love is just a waste of time now. It's just temporary. I should be focusing on my studies instead."

She clicked her tongue, "You are so boring and unbelievable. Live a little for once."

You rolled your eyes.

-

As you and Taehyung walked around the boardwalk, he had his arm around your shoulder, locking you in his embrace. You enjoyed the feeling as it lasted.

"Hey," He suddenly piped, making you look up, "Huh?"

"Do you like me?" He asked, out of the blue. With just a simple question, you felt your ears turning red. After a while of not knowing how to answer to that, you kept contemplating. Should I answer straight forwardly or explain?? You didn't realize you were taking so much time.

He sighed, "It's okay, I just wanted to know." He softly said, removing his arm. The warmth around your neck disappeared and the weight lifted off of your shoulders, slightly disappointing you.

You were alarmed, panicking, "No-no! I do! I do!" You quickly said, a bit too loud. You cursed at yourself for being so embarrassing. His mood suddenly lightened up, "Really?"

"Yes..." You shyly reassured, looking at the wooden planks beneath you.

"Well then, will you be my girlfriend?" He blurted, a soft chuckle following.

Your eyes widened slightly. You tried to keep your composure, but you were blushing madly. You felt conflicted.

"I... I think this would just be temporary. To me, love is just a waste of time and I learned this with my previous interest. I'm sorry. I see love differently now and I don't see the good side of it yet." You said, fiddling with your fingers.

He kept silent before replying, "I'm sorry for whatever has happened in your past and I know there's no changing your mind about love just yet, but we both found each other again from more than ten years ago. If love is nothing more than just a waste of your time... waste it on me."

His words hit you and they stayed in the back of your mind like a catchy tune.
(a/n: lololol the irony)

"Please give us a chance. I promise to treat you the best that I can." He softly said, making your heart feel fuzzy.

"Okay." You replied, feeling your heart set on fire.

"Okay?!" He shrieked, causing you to shaken up.

"Wh-What's wrong?" You suddenly asked, confused and alarmed.

"Okay as in you'll be my girlfriend?" He quickly asked for confirmation, eyes burning with desperation and hope.

You broke out in a small giggle, "Yes."

He opened up his arms wide in the air, facing towards the sky, "YES! SHE SAID YES!" He beamed, loudly.

You gently shoved him, embarrassed, "Stop, you sound like as if you proposed to me." You said, noticing people around you.

He grinned, "I'll ask that in the future. Not now." He smirked, patting your head.

You started smiling, "Stop," You whined, pushing his hand away. He grabbed your hand and took it in his own hand. You shyly leaned towards his arm, intertwining hands.

You walked in comfortable silence together and eventually reached your dorm.

"Thanks for walking me. I'll text you," You said, walking towards the building.

"Wait, you're forgetting something." He pouted, pointing to his cheek.

"Wow, you're one of those guys." You commented, walking back to him.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

Ignoring his question, you patted his cheek with your index finger, "Here?"

He nodded cutely, before you lightly smacked his cheek with your finger pads. You giggled, seeing him frown even more. You leaned in again, pecking his cheek quickly. He smiled, flustered. He brought his arms around you, "I like you so much.." He mumbled into your hair. You smiled sheepishly, "Cute." You piped.

"I'll see you soon." He said, parting away from the hug.

"See you," You said, waving, then walking into the building.