My Dad the Assassin

You are the 12 year old son of a professional assassin.  Describe what you observe at home.

* * *

On career day in elementary school, I proudly told my class that my dad was a plummer and that I wanted to be just like him.  And then all of the kids laughed at me.  I frowned, and the teacher tried to get them to stop laughing at me thinking that's why I was upset.  The truth was that I was sad that nobody wanted to grow up to be like their parents.  Of course, what I told them wasn't the truth though.

The truth is that my dad's a profesional assassin.  All of the men in my family on my dad's side are trained to be one because it's a family business.  Their cover up is owning a plumbing business, and the girls in the family run that side.  This means that I will become a "plummer."

People would assume that since my dad is an assassin that he would be mean and scary, but the truth is that he's actually really nice.  Don't get me wrong, I've seen him put on his work face when he's doing business calls or if someone threatens the family, but that's it.  He's really sweet and cares for myself, my mom, and my baby brother.  At home, we rarely talk about his job.

On days when dad comes home from completng a job, he takes a shower to get rid of blood and then takes a bubble bath with my brother.  Mom burns up his clothes fuull of blood while I clean his weapons and lock them in his safe.  My parents then make supper together, and we eat as a family while watching a movie.

All in all, we're a normal family just like anyone else; we just have one big secret.  My dad's a professional assassin.

* * *