Hot Mes Express VIII

This time, and for the next few Hot Mess Expresses, my friend Tai and I have written these with only writing the next sentence based off the last few words or phrase.  I'll put in bold what we saw when we had to write our sentences.  My sentences will be underlined and his will be italicized.

* * *

The grandfather clock chimed twelve times signaling it was midnight.  That's when the monsters came out to play.

"Playing" with aborted fetusus was always fun to Tommy.  Always.

Our civilization had learned to adapt over the years as to not lose more people to the monsters.

"So what if people think I'm a monster?" thought Tommy.  "They don't even know what it's like."

A chill crept up my soine as they said that because it was true: we don't know what the monsters are like.  None of us wanted to know the truth.

Dalton found the truth hard to bear.  He refused to accept that Tommy was that sick.

"How coukd you want to go back to those things?" I askee him, "Are you crazy?"

"Tommy!  Tell me the rumors are a lie!  Tell me dammit!" Dalton screamed, but Tommy kept walking.

"Don't you walk away from me!  Get back here!" I shouted running after him.

"Hey-" Dalton's words were cit off by a jab in the gut from Tommy.  "Don't do it.  You're better than this!" screamed Dalton.

"No I'm not," Tommy replied, "You said it yourself: I'm insane!"

Tears streamed down Dalton's face.  So it was true.  Tommy was crazy all these years.