Mystic Arrow

On your eighteenth birthday, you are giving a mystic bow to shoot an arrow as part of a tradition.  That arrow is to kill whoever is meant to kill you just three seconds before they do so in the heart.

* * *

On the day that was supposed to be my wedding day, I was filled with happiness at being able to e with someone who truly loved me.  I was going to be with the person I loved for the rest of my life, and we would be happy.  For once, someone actually wanted to be by my side and wasn't forced to do so.

As I walked down the aisle with the veil covering my eyes, a smile grew widely on my face.  I was that happy to move one step closer to completing my life.  Everything around me was muted and out of focus with the only exception being me able to see my fiancé clearly.

"I do," he said just as the arrow I shot on my eighteenth birthday hit him in the center of his heart.  He crumpled to the ground like a sack of potatoes just as a man who looked just like him ran into the room looking quite disheveled and in need of a bath and food.

"Everyone, I am the real Kyle Morgan!  This man you see dead before you is my evil twin brother who escaped the mental hospital he was in and locked me up!" the man shouted huffing with breath.

"So was it you I really fell in love with?" I asked him picking up my dress in my hands and running down towards him.

"No, I could never fall in love with someone as hideous as you.  My brother had such horrible taste in women," he said with his face scrunching up in disgust.  In a fit of rage, I picked up my high heel and went to strike him down before and arrow shot me in the heart making me fall down in the pool of blood from my supposed lover.

* * *