Abstract Word II

The first one was anxiety for those who couldn't guess it.

***

The little boy sat in the middle of a rug. An infinitely colored and patterned rug that was constantly changing from one version to the next. Along the walls of the room were infinitely changing doors lined up next to each other in rows and columns. The doors changed shape, size, color, lock, and knob at the speed of light making it next to impossible to find the same door again.

This young boy placed in this room by shadows that clouded his vision and stayed with him until he came here watched in wonder at the changing rug and doors. His eyes darted back and forth not knowing what to focus on. He became so intrigued that he stood up. When he did so, he was lifted into the air by the shadows, who once again appeared, to where he could see everything.

Then, the shadows carried him from door to door in a spiraling downward circle waiting for him to reach out with his hands and touch a door. The little boy reached out with his eyes closed before grabbing a door handle. He opened it with wonder filling his eyes as they entered the doorway. Anticipating an impact, he closed his eyes but opened them as a bright light filled the open space.

He was back where he began filled with more questions than ever.

He stood up and let the shadow grab him again eager to start again.